Apr 1, 2008

To Schedule or not to Schedule...That is the question!

We live our life over here pretty care free and laid back! I love having an open agenda if you will to insert fun when needed or change it up on a whim. I wonder though if my life would feel more successful if I lived with more of a schedule. You know... Doing certain things always on teh same day, or making a routine out of a morning or afternoon.

I've tried scheduling my day before but I for sure went over board and had it planned out to the minute almost...that lasted a month and I was so burnt out I vowed to never live like that again. I know there has to be a happy medium that will work for me and still allow me some wiggle room.

What works for you? Do you clean certain things certain days? Do you clean everything just one or two days? Is there a certain time of day you set aside to getting house work done!? I am very curiouser to see what works for you guys. I think I need a little more structure in my life. Some sort of standard to set my goals to. I thrive on order and lists so I know I'd do well bu tI can't go agro on myself or I'll fail miserably. I'd love to hear what works for you!

So here's the update on the appointment yesterday. First of all thanks for all the wonderful words of encouragement! The doctor i had to randomly pick from a list is actually wonderful! I felt so comfortable with him and he spent plenty of time answering questions. Our plan of attack is to be seen by a Hematologist first and see what they say. My OB isn't an expert on ITP and he was the first to admit that and I so respected that. So I made an appointment for next Wed. To see the Hemo doctor and well have to see where that takes us! So basically we are no closer then before yesterday except for the fact that I love the OB who would be treating if and when we go for it! So that's a plus!

CRAZY... So last night , I kid you not, I could not get eating a Steak out of my mind! I was so craving a huge juicy steak with A-1 sauce like it was no ones business! I still crave it this morning. I was literally thinking last night "Where can I get a steak at 10:24 pm?" Sadly I went to bed with my mouth watering.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Mmmmmmmm.......steak with A1 - is there much better than that??

I try to plan that on Mondays I clean the house and then I "maintain" the rest of the week. I works some of the time. :)

Melissa E Photography said...

I am so glad you found an awesome doctor. My SIL has the same problem during her pregnancies, it's so scary!

On Mondays I try and schedule a task to do everyday and leave everything else open.

Andrea said...

I try to schedule, but not go overboard...It seems to work for us...Oh, check out my blog, I have a "flippin sweet" surprise on there for you.

Amber H. said...

I don't really have a set schedule for everyday. I will sometimes think the night before of some things that would be good to do the next day, so that way I have an idea, and then if it happens, good, if not, it's ok too. The only things I have a schedule for are naps (my saving grace!) and then I get to exercise and shower. Every night after the kids are in bed Josh and I do the dishes, and every Saturday we both deep clean the house which we maintain during the week. We also have the kids "clean up" before they get in bed, that way we only have a minimum pick up job once they are sleeping. It works for us! Good luck in whatever you decide!