Mar 31, 2008

In bed by 9?

Crazy I know! I totally became an old woman! Sleep has been the source of disappointment over here for weeks now and I have finally had it! So I took a meletonin at 8 last night as was in bed by 9. Mike said when he came to bed I was totally talking in my sleep! Not surprising! That stuff gives me crazy dreams so why wouldn't it make me talk in my sleep! Hopefully I didn't say anything too crazy or alarming!

I had such a wonderful Sunday! Church as great with wonderful lessons and my class always makes my Sunday great! The RS lesson was on "Good, Better, Best!" It really helped me realize how important it is to have a good attitude about so many things. Things could always be better but they could also always be worst right! I need to practice enjoying the here and now where so many things are wonderful!

After Church we went to our Temple Prep class. We apparently are the wise all knowing temple going couple there to help answer questions! I love that class! It's a wonderful feeling to be reminded of the wonder and endless questions one has before they go to the temple for the first time. It takes you back to before you went. It's a wonderful class and a great reminder of the joys of the temple!

I have a doctors appointment today to discuss my ITP condition with a doctor. For those of you who don't know, I have a blood disorder that makes itself known only during pregnancy. It's an autoimmune disorder.When I'm pregnant my own body starts to destroy my blood platelets, the little guys that make it possible to clot blood, and my platelet count gets dangerously low. I feel completely normal during all this but I run a risk of bleeding internally or if cut or in an accident and then not being able to stop. I've had this condition with both pregnancies, my first being more severe, so we expect it to happen each time. It's been so long sence we have had to think about this and before we consider getting pregnant again we just want to go in and consult with doctors and make sure we're not crazy to do it again! Hopefully there may be new drug treatments or more answers. The first time I failed to respond to two strong drug treatments so this is defiantly a decision we don't take lightly.We just hope to get enough information and confidence to make the right choice.

Well... here goes the day! I better get started! I WAS perfectly refreshed for the first time ever this morning! That's a plus! Man a good nights sleep feels good! Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

michelle said...

I am so glad you got a good nights sleep! Sleep does wonders. :) I remember you telling me about your blood disorder. It was when we were sitting chatting at Disneyland. I hope that the Dr. has some good information for you. I think you are smart to concult a Dr. for advice. Have a Happy morning my friend. :)

Hannah said...

That is scary!! I hope the doctor is able to do something about it!

I too like to get in bed early!

I think we need to plan a get together. You seem like so much fun!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

good luck at the dr- call me when youre back!

Amber H. said...

I didn't know about your condition! Hopefully they will be able to get you on something that will work this time. Scary! You'll have to keep us posted :o)

Blackner Family said...

Nothing like waking and feeling refreshed!! So scary about your blood disorder! Good luck with that decision!

Christina said...

Nothing beats a good night's sleep! I hope that your appointment went well. Keep us posted on how you're doing!

carey said...

Good luck growing your hair! I have never ever had the patience. In HS, it finally got to my mid-back, but it hasn't come even a little close since.

Scary about your blood disorder. :( I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. Make sure & keep us posted.

Andrea said...

Glad you were able to get some good rest! Good luck at the dr. Hope they can get something figured out for you so you can get working on having another sweet baby!