Mar 11, 2008

Throwing you a bone!

I know!!! I've been pathetic when it comes to blogging! To stick up for myself I haven't been feeling well! What's new right! And no Steph... I'm not pregnant! I think I may have strep but I could just have a bad sore throat and the week of sleepless nights I am sure isn't helping! I haven't gotten a good nights sleep for over a week now and it's really starting to get to me! I finally bought and took some Melitonin last night and I think that helped! I do feel better today.

I have been trying to get all my stuff done for Enrichment tonight. I have been in charge of decorations and it's kept me busy! I'll be glad when tonight is over!

Yesterday was interesting! So I felt like crap and still had to drive a sister in the ward to Sam's Club to shop for Enrichment because I have the memebership. My sweet neighbor took my girls so I could get in and out of there! When I got back to pick them up Macy was her typical self and refused to leave! So I called for her to come down stairs and all of a sudden I, and the entire city of WestJordan, hear her scream at the top of her lungs that she was never going to leave! Just after her oscar winning performance she looks down at me and chucks my keys at me. I had no idea she had my keys in teh first place but there they were being hurled at my face!

So either two things will become of my daughter...1. she will be drafted into the NFL for her Quarterbacking skills or 2. She'll be in juvenile hall as a youth for anger management issues! Yep!!The keys hit me right in the face an inch from my eye!

Talk about irate! It took all I could do to not burst out crying from the pain and the shock of the act was almost as overwhelming! I stormed up the stairs, grabbed her like a sack of potatoes , uttered an apology to my friend for having to witness what just happened and left humiliated and in pain.

I got her in the car and saw that I was bleeding! All I could do was get her home and tell her to go straight to her room and to not dare come out till we got her out! Oh I was so angry!

I could tell she was sorry and embarrassed and remorseful but I just could not be around her. Honestly...what 4 year old does that!!!She has never gotten out of control like that before. She has yelled and put up a stink when it's time to go but throwing...never , and she could have really hurt me if it had hit my eye or if I had more then one key on my key ring! The whole thing makes me angry and scared for her! I do not want a reckless child no one wants to be around or is scared to have their children around in fear they pick up bad habits!

Her punishment was no tv all week and she had to go down and apologize to the neighbors. I am also enforcing mandatory quiet time or nap time every afternoon and no more friends houses for a week and if she argues again about leaving the next time it's another week without friends.

The back talk and arguing has to stop. She is truly my challenge! It doesn't help that when I recall the event to Mike he laughs at it and can only add that he loves her determined streak and compares her dispassion similar to how he was as a child! GREAT!!!!! Thanks a lot Mike! He is sensitive to the severity of her behavior and is 100% on the same page as I am but I just find it crazy at his silver lining attitude... maybe because she is so like him that he takes that view point! So luckily for me I get to deal with Mikes punishment as an adult...having a child as stubborn, witty and determined as he was. In my book that's called UNFAIR!!!!

I know I'm not the only mom who has her hands full. I know I'm not the only one that really worries about the character and personality development of her children. I have too many years ahead of me of worry and trail and error parenting to come to a stand still now! Ugg this sucks!

The worst thing I can imagine at this stage in the game is having a child no one wants to be around. I do not want to have that kid that no mom wants in their house or around their kids. I'd hate for her bad behavior to cloud all that is good and sweet and wonderful about her. When people hear this stuff I am sure it is shocking because she really is a wonderful and loving person. We all have our struggles and for sure she is mine right now! wish me luck!

7 comments:

Morph This said...

What a little twit.

Andrea said...

I'm sorry. That's hard. It's so tough when kids go through those stages...Hope she straightens up for ya!

Amber H. said...

Oh Becca, my heart goes out to you friend! It is SO hard when kids act up...especially in a public place! In fact, on Sunday we were visiting my sister's ward and Felicity was sitting by her cousin who is about a year younger. Well, they were being REALLY loud and after several warnings we finally told her she couldn't sit by him anymore and had to come sit by me and Josh. She proceeded to cry at the TOP OF HER LUNGS and kept saying she wanted to go sit by her cousin. I stood her up to take her out and she started crying louder "NO! I DON'T WANT TO GO SIT IN THE CAR!" Yes, total and complete humiliation!
I think you handled yourself wonderfully though and from what it sounds like, you have a great punishment. I wouldn't worry about her growing up to be an aweful person or anything. I think every now and then kids decide to test their limits to see how far they can go! I think she will think twice next time before she does anything like that! Good luck though, I understand those stressful times are hard! Sorry for the book!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

its nice to know i am not the only one who has kids that act out! you could send her to boarding school in Maricopa Arizona- I hear Busy Bee Academy can straighten out any child! (wait, except my child- he's been enrolled there for 2 years and still has his moments. nevermind...)

AnieCooper said...

I'm sorry that happened. I hope you are ok. Coming from a teacher of students with behavior issues good for you following through with a consequence. Most of our kiddos that have behavior problems tend to be from parents that don't follow through with consequences along with other disorders they may have. Don't worry...Macy isn't going to be one of those children that no one wants to be around...you are great parents!!!

Love u Becca!

Anna said...

Becca-Maggie has gone through some rough times like this. She is generally a sweet, spunky little chic, but now and then she gets psycho over things like "leaving". We just had a huge physical altercation in Grocery Outlet on Friday and I was so upset because they havent happened for so long. Sounds like you are consistent and thats perfect, Ive learned if I can stay calm it really helps her know Im in control. Hang in there, it will pass.

Holly Moore said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry!! Hopefully the privilege revoking will change her attitude. You are a great mom, I'm sure it will work out.