Mar 14, 2008

Bit by the bug...

The Spring Cleaning bug that is! I had a great day of cleaning today!For sure Mike will happy to come home to a REALLY clean house! I did three closets and my entire up stairs! I even did 2 loads of laundry AND folded them right away! My laundry room looks better then ever! Ahh I love that! For sure it had been forever since I really got down and dirty with the organizational cleaning. It's funny how in to it I can get when I am in the mood! I just have to run with it or I'll lose it!

Mace was such a huge help! I gave her jobs to do and she happily did them! We cleaned for 3 hours with no complaining, arguing or fighting! It was wonderful! I have seen a beautiful change in her over this week. The forced quiet time/naps and no tv have been miracle workers! She is back to her wonderful self! I have to remember that she can channel her energy in either a good way or a bad way. I have more ability now to help gear her in the more positive ways! I just adore that sweet girl!

Last night Mike took Mace on a Daddy daughter date and they saw Disney Princesses on Ice! The had such a great time! Macy more so then Mike I guess!She was so excited and dressed up as Snow White. When I asked her if she clapped she said "Yeah mom!I clapped to the rhythm!" Funny huh! That left Blue and I to a night of our own. I just love the one on one time we had. She is just a ball full of cute and I loved listening to her tender voice and giggles as we enjoyed dinner together at the bakery! We took Our time and I just watched her be a happy kid!That's really all I want for my children at this stage...to be happy, know they are loved and find the joys in every day. It was a great night last night!

So I am using a rental car right now while my car is getting repaired! I have a KIA Sedona and I am in love with it!!! The whole idea of a mini van is wonderful! The kids love the room and so do I !It's just such a treat! The ease of getting kids in and out is such a difference! Oh I never want to give it back!

ok chica's ... I hope you have a great weekend! I, like all to often, have nothing special planned! I can't wit till it gets warmer so I can spend the weekends outside or doing projects in the garage! take care!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Glad Macy is back to her normal self. It's so hard when they have attitude. The first thing I want to do is have it right back (which I have to admit, sadly, sometimes I do!) but I know from experience that all that does is make it worse!

michelle said...

I love when the spring cleaning bug hits! How fun that Mace, and Mike saw Disney Princesses on ice! What a great date for them! :) Have a wonderful sabbath! :)

Christina said...

i was JUST going to post photos of all my organization mania i did the past 2 weeks..its FABULOUS!! i'll have to write up my post and thoughts about it tomorrow..seeing that its 11pm and i have a MEETING at 9AM HELLO!!! not a morning person!!!

how fun to have one on one time..i had a date with anna--too cute..she loved not having to "share" me with anyone...

im SO with you on quiet time and no tv...i didnt even think about having them use their energy for good or bad--DUH that makes total sense!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

it was good talking to you and I am glad you were able to finish cleaning.

nothing bad has happened to you yet, right? :) j/k

carey said...

Rebecca, your projects & motivation are always so inspiring...I wish I had the bug too. My house needs a serious cleanin' up! I've missed your blog, by the way! I've been sort of MIA...

Elise said...

What a nice reminder to really take time to enjoy each day with our kids. I love that simple truth that you expressed in your post. How cute! A daddy/daughter date and a mommy/daughter date. I love it!