Mar 20, 2008

All hail the mighty UTI

So there are a few times in life when a burning sensation is welcomed and almost looked forward to. For example... When you are overwhelmed by the spirit and a burning feeling overcomes your body and it is simply undeniable that you have felt the Spirit touch your heart. Or perhaps it's that feeling when you finish a long race you never imagines yourself finishing and your face burns and your heart pounds in your ears!!! And don't forget all those childhood moments when you swim for hours in a not so heated pool and jump out only to quickly run to the hot pavement and stretch your shaking body over the burning floor for life giving heat. I'll even go as far as saying that it's a welcomed feeling to PUSH finally after 24 hours of labor and all that pain and energy can finally work towards your advantage as you push through all that burning down there and you finally get to meet that precious new baby!!!

Burning sensations do have there place in all our lives but I for one have had it with the looming burning sensation I have been dealing with! There's nothing like a burning sensation every time you pee, think of peeing or finish peeing! Ah yes!!!The UTI fairy has struck again! This time she's held nothing back! She must be pissed it's been so long since her last visit! I swear she thinks it's her duty to remind us woman that it sucks to be a girl! I can usually combat her nasty dose of pain and vengeance with a fast trip to the doctors and BAM it's another victory for me! But not this time! Oh no!!! I am forced to pee every 10 minutes and only get a tease of a release and cringe at the thought of squeezing anything out for days now! Yep!! Almost a week I have been hating my "Cha-chee!" Yeah...That's what we call it over here! My Cha-chee!!!

Monday my effort to kill it with meds went unnoticed by UTI warrior beast that reigns inside me! Wednesday I even went so far as to bare my bum for a nasty Peanut butter shot that Stephanie remembers all to well! Can we add that burning sensation to the "Not so fun" list!!!! And still I sit here with my "area" not so happy and what am I to do!?!? NOTHING!!!!!!! For real this sucks!

I'll give it one more night before I wish I was born a boy but my land... It really sucks being a girl right now!

14 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

oh the dreaded "Peanut Butter" shot in the butt! The shot that made me cry as a 19 year old like a little baby!!! Of course now that I have gone through 3 pregnancies with shots and bloodwork and epiduarals and IV's, the peanut butter shot doesnt sound as bad. Am I wrong? Maybe I dont want to be reminded! I know it was painful- so sorry you had to go through that! Hope your cha-chee feels better soon!

Hannah said...

I am so sorry!!! I hope you feel better soon!

Sarah said...

oh how i hate UTI's. they are just awful! I'm so sorry youre going through this! feel better soon.

Jess Perry said...

So sorry...I hope you feel better. Those really suck!!

I will give you a call a little later and let's plan some activities for next week!

jeremyandleslie said...

I'm sorry Becca! I've been dealing with that for over a year now - they are so miserable! It hurts so bad. I hope you feel better soon!

regibells said...

Hope your feeling better...I felt so bad for you at IKEA...those things are the worst!

Amber H. said...

Oh friend! I'm so sorry! I have never had one of those...knock on wood, but my sister gets them quite a bit and they are just MISERABLE! Here's to feeling better soon!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

UTIs are the WORST! I used to get them all the time! Having to feel like you have to pee really bad, all the time...and then you go and a few littl drops come out....horrible! man, I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

E Winzeler said...

Geezzz woman, you guys get everything over there! Never had one and hope I never do. Get better!

AnieCooper said...

Hey Becca! I hope you are feeling better. I meant to email you and thank you for the birthday wishes!
Hope you had a wonderful Easter! I'll have new pics up soon!!!

Miss and love you :)

Christina said...

ive yet to experience a UTI--i think jon takes the cake on having them..poor guy--

cha-chee--too funny--

hey atleast you KNOW mike wont be "needing" any cha-chee!!

michelle said...

ohhh, those hurt! I hope that you are feeling better!!!

Andrea said...

You poor thing! I hope you're better by now. I used to have them so bad, I would be peeing bright red blood. Not fun. I havne't had one in years...FYI, I'm totally knocking on every bit of wood within a 5 foot radius of me!

Bruce said...

Uhhhhh, those are the worst. Hope you feel better soon. The things we are going to have to go through with our girls too! Oh man! :)