Mar 28, 2008

Hair


Do you ever feel like your walking around with the wrong hair style? I 'm starting, well continuing, to feel like I've been living the past 5 years with the wrong hair style. anyone who knows me knows I have always wanted long hair. Have I ever had long hair? NO!!! I get to this stage where it's just beyond my shoulders and I have some sort of out of body experiance and I OCD over it and chop it off myself... You all remember the last time I did that! I regret it the moment I squeeze the scissors for the first time but them I'm unfortunately committed.

I see friends and other who do something drastic like go really short or much shorter then they are used to and they look amazing! I get all inspired but quickly have this inner dialog with myself about my goal of long locks! My recent commitment is to not cut my hair , other then trims, till after I have my next baby! NO I'm not pregnant! Is that realistic in my little world!? Probably not!

Add my lack of will power, my love of change and my adoration for great hair and it all seems to add up to a disappointing outcome. WOW!!That self talk of defeat already is pretty depressing! I need some positive vibes and encouragement instead of a pessimistic view.

So I thought if I put it out that that my goal really is to grow my hair long I may stick to it this time! I mean middle of my back long!!!Who know...I may grow it out and hate it but heck! I have to give it a try! So wish me luck and now all of you are in on it! Keep the scissors hidden from when when I come for a visit!

9 comments:

Megan said...

you'll probably hate me for saying this, but I think you would be so cute with really short hair! I mean like just under your chin. One time at Dean and Diane's you had your hair pulled up and just the front was hanging out, it looked like you had cut your hair short and I LOVED IT! Anyway, I bet you hair would be gorgeous long too, cause it's so full and pretty! The best of luck to you on resisting your urge to cut! After my last horrible cut, I've decided to grow mine out too, my face looks fat when my hair is short!

Emily said...

I have middle-of-the-back long hair and I'm getting ansy to cut it! I usually go through these phases where I grow it long, chop it off, grow it long, chop it off. it's a vicious cycle, but hey, it's just hair, right? :)

Maybe you should give extensions a try, and then you'd see what it's like to have it that long! It's seriously like another appendage!

Amber H. said...

Your hair is thick, so I think it would look really good long. For me the trick is to get it layered every 6 months or so...that will keep you feeling like you are cutting it, but it will still look cute and be long! You can do it! I can't wait to see the results!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i was reading this post hoping the end would be a cute picture of you with a bob haircut! you can pull off short hair, I cant- i just look chubbier! but i also like your hair long too- basically you look great no matter what, and not a lot of people can say that! my face looks fat with short hair and my hair looks stringy when its long. either way, i lose!

Christina said...

so you didnt get "banged" huh...i'll never forget that post--i was laughing at my comment for weeks!!

as a girl who's had long hair MOST OF MY LIFE..its just blah-ish..it was honestly in a ponytail 98% of the time..except at church..whats up with that???

im still SOOO tempted to go shorter..but havent yet..now that i've lost weight..shorter hair will look cute!

Christina said...

oh ps: GET EXTENSIONS GIRL!!! HELLO!!!

Andrea said...

I've been growing mine out too, but it's so dang thick I can't decide if I want to deal with all that hair.

Brandi said...

I'm at the same spot...the easy thing for me is that my sister is my hair dresser, and I am her's...so she is growing her hair out, and i am mine, so we can't cut each others hair off...hehe..good luck. YOU CAN DO IT!!! Maybe you should get BANGED...like Christina said!

regibells said...

I say go for it. I have never seen you with long hair. I remember that picture of you and Jen (with extensions) and you look amazing. Go for it! Then again you look great with any hair style.