Mar 24, 2008

Favorite state to be in!

In all our hectic lives we find ourselves wishing for more... more time, more help, more energy, more sleep! It's rare to find ourselves in a calm and complacent state of exisitence where all the stars seem to be aligned and the world is perfect as we know it! We all seem to be working for the greater goal that dangles itself like a carrot in front of us just beyond our reach! I am guilty of this all to often, wishing for a warmer day, a cleaner home, a healthier body. Gratitude and joy are harder to feel when tasks are piling up, kids are at your heels and your own spirit feels distant and unfamiliar.

I am trying harder each day to find the happy balance in responsibility and filling my well. Too many days go by where I lay down at night only to realize I did exactly the same things I did the day before and non of the things included enlightening myself. What is it that would bring me satisfaction? What would cause me to be content with a day not only dedicated to my family and my home but also to me! Honestly I don't know how to answer that! I have to figure that one out.

There are those moments that we have all experienced when we know we are doing it all right!
For me it's been moments alone with each child, their eye's staring into my own and all their innocence is on display. Or it's laying in bed at night sharing those last few words with my husband as we share our days accomplishments. Even if there wasn't much to share it's just the safe and familiar presence of each other that initiates those feelings of purpose and calm.

How ever those moments make them selves known I need to work harder on 1. recognize them when they do happen and 2. creating more moments like that. Making it my days purpose to have a fulfilling moment where all my stars do seem to be aligned and my world in harmony. Even just the thought of that makes me urn to try harder, relax a little more , stop for just a second and redirect my day!

This must be my own self going through it's state of "Spring!" A time where we take a mental inventory of what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong and what we want out of life! A time for new beginnings. I am grateful for change but more so the idea of something better! Not that life has dealt me a bad hand. I can never say that! I feel so blessed to be who I am, with who I am and have what I have! I just feel the need to press forward, striving for something better. I love this state of mind that fills my thought. It's the want for purpose, the need for new. It's a Spring awakening inside me that I am finally letting out!

8 comments:

Christina said...

feeling the love girl--feeling the love--

last week was a good week for me..today not so much because my weekend was WAY TOO LONG!

Christina said...

ps: girls are in bed, bachelor is on-i have HUGE chocolate covered strawberries..my stars have aligned for sure!

Emily said...

Thanks for the enlightening post! I need to do more "Spring Cleaning" in my life - thanks for the boost! :)

PS - Let's plan another go at a get-together!

Amber H. said...

Amen!

Bruce said...

You said that so beautifully. You've inspired me, thank you! :)

Megan said...

no truer words could be spoken! (is that how you spell truer???) Anyway, thanks for the inspiration! Love and miss you!

carey said...

Very profound! Sounds like you are much further along in figuring "it" out than me!!! Thanks for your wise words!

Brandi said...

I just wish my 'it' was stable. :) Loved the post!