Mar 26, 2008

Dreams


For sure I am trippin'! I broke down and took my Melitonin again because I suck when it comes to falling asleep and staying asleep! I was in bed last night by 9! One of the coolest side effects of taking that supplement is that it gives you crazy dreams! Now this wasn't the first time this has happened but I had a dream I was on Rock of Love with Brett Michaels! Crazy huh! I was the calm, moral good girl all the others were trying to break! I also had a dream in the same night that Blue had Diabetes, and I was at a plastic surgery center having a consultation for a boob job and I chicken out! CRAZY huh!!

I usually have pretty regular and frequent dreams but for sure they have all been kicked up a notch and are as real as ever! I wake up scared and sad when I thought Blue was a Diabetic. The other ones just makes me laugh. My dreams are either very entertaining or scary! I have to say I do look forward to falling asleep now! Who knows where the next dream will take me!

Do you ever wake up from a dream you can't wait to see how it ends and you desperately try to fall back asleep and finish it? I do that all the time! Either I was in American Idol or on a game show and I am riped from the moment of reveal by Blue wanting a drink or the day taunting me to get up and get going! I HATE That!!!

I get my best ideas for writing when I sleep. I had an amazing dream about a lost boy that would make the most wonderful short story or possible youth novel. My weakness is I forget the small details that make it so interesting. I need to write things down the moment I wake up. And then there are those dreams that I totally think are such amazing ideas and when I wake up and try to recall them I'm like... "Dude!!!That sucked!What was I so excited about!"

And when it comes to reoccurring dreams I have one that I've been having for over 20 years! I dream that I am at a large pool like areas floating in a blow up raft with family friends. All of a sudden an alarm goes off and a gate opens and Shamu the killer whale is coming right for me with his huge teeth showing and I know I'm a goner! All the other people in the boat jump ship and swim to safety and there I sit paralyzed with fear. That's one dream I have never finished. I always wake up just before I am eaten!

I am amazed at the world that comes to life after we fall asleep. I wonder why some people dream more then others. Mike can rarely remember his dreams. I think I dream so much because I never get a deep sleep. I am always in between sleep and being wide awake! It's a curse for sure! I would gladly trade my nights of adventure for a few nights of out of this world deep sleep!

For those of you who have trouble sleeping like me, what do you do to help? Do you dream like mad too! Just wondering.

7 comments:

Amber H. said...

I think we all have some crazy weird dreams! The other night I dreamed that I was playing with Morgan and I looked at her face and realized that she had Robin William's face! AHH! That was a scary one I have to tell you. I love that dreams make no sense, but while you are in them nothing seems weird or out of the ordinary until you wake up and realize how crazy they were! I'm sorry you have a hard time sleeping though. I haven't had too much experience with that, so good luck! Also, you should keep a pad of paper and pen by your bed so you can write down your stories when you wake up! Then you can catch all of the details when they are fresh.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i am like you- never in a deep sleep so i dream like crazy! a couple nights ago i drempt that rob made out with some girl in hs that he never told me about and I woke up wanting to ask him all over again just how many girls he has really kissed in him life- the dream seemed so real and made me question my husbands honesty!

Christina said...

too funny--i personally enjoy the boy dreams..i once had a dream with matthew maconaHEYHEY! he was totally into me and i kept thinking IN MY DREAM..wow-hes actually giving me the time of day?!?!? rock on!! ive had several with ben affleck & those few with the xboyfriend-good times--

the recurring dream i have is that we are near a beach..a HUGE tidal wave comes and i think there is NO way i can go ANYWHERE-so i must sit here..and honestly if i make it after its over, i make it-if not -then i didnt..and EVERY DANG TIME-i make it?!?!?!? crazy huh--probably a metaphor for my life right now..hmmm

i use to have problems getting to sleep because my mind wouldnt SHUT UP! but now-im a goner..well until jon wakes me up--

Brandi said...

I don't ever remember my dreams. I do wish i did. Your dreams sound like for the ost part...like fun.

Andrea said...

I'm one of those who is always trying so hard to get back to sleep and finish my dreams! Sometimes it works, sometimes not...

regibells said...

You should read a book about dreams. I remember learning about them in Psychology and it was fascinating to learn what certain things mean. (Your Shamu dream could finally make sense) I do recall that the only way you can remember your dreams and their details are if you recall them in the first minutes of waking up. Everything you remember about your dreams come from those first minutes of recollection so write them down. I tried this and was amazed at the details of my dreams.

michelle said...

I have crazy dreams too. The other night I dreamt that I had a little baby that was about 7 months old. I didn't know her before she had turned 7 months, but she was mine...crazy! So sorry your having a hard time sleeping. I remember when I was little, and couldn't sleep. My Mom would warm some milk up on the stove. Supposidly this was supposed to help. :)