Apr 16, 2008

You know your a mom when...


- A threesome is a regular event. A tiny body magically appears in your bed at night and you get kicked and elbowed and head butted and for some strange reasons it's ok some times .
- Wiping a snotty noes doesn't always require a tissue.
- You catch yourself hiding things like gum, lipstick and crayons... all things you have found in your carpet or on your walls in the last week!
- A trip to TARGET has to include a popcorn and drink combo to be somewhat of a success.
- Going out with no make up, wet hair in a ponytail and kids who dress them selves is ok once in a while.
- The thought of one more trip to McDonald's play land sounds better then nothing.
- You've exposed yourself in a dressing room while trying to catch a naughty kid out the door.
- You've sat on a toilet in a public restroom with the door wide open because your 4 year old is ready to go before you are!
- Finishing your kids meal is actually your share of lunch.
- You get home from grocery shopping and you come to find you bought mystery items that appear out of thin air on the grocery belt and wha la become yours!
- Words ending in "ies" are part of your every day language... "eggies, sockies, shoesies, ..."
- You let your kid wear the same ridicules outfit she did the day before because it beats having to listen to a melt down and your going no where anyway!
- You look more like a preteen upstairs then you did as a preteen!
- You can't talk to a friend on the phone without a toddler wanting to talk too.
- Staying in your robe till after lunch is the norm.
- A regular cart no longer cuts it. Your forced to push those horribly awkward car carts that you kids never stay in and you end up holding one, telling the other to get off the roof and you try to push the dang thing with your one arm and your hip... yeah good times!
- Your car resembles a near empty cereal bag with crumbs and food pieces all over the bottom of it!
- You do something you swore you would never do as a parent but you do it anyway!
- Mac and Cheese make you gag!
- You buy more for your kids or your home then you do for yourself.
- 9:30 seems late!!!!!!!!

18 comments:

E Winzeler said...

Cute post Becca...I hate the huge car shopping carts that can't turn corners and knock everything over, and then half way through your shopping trip they decide they don't want to ride in the car anymore. Or the mini carts they insist on having and are constantly running into your heels if they're not running down the isles with them nailing other carts. Ugh! Sometimes I just walk on by like he's not my child it's so embarassing!

donna said...

OH mY!!!! That is so funny..


"You've sat on a toilet in a public restroom with the door wide open because your 4 year old is ready to go before you are"!
That happen me one-time. Emily was so little and i was pregnant with Jakob. I wanted to die:0

Rusti said...

Sad...but so true! lol

Jess Perry said...

I love this post. I can relate to everything you mentioned. I am glad that I am not the only one who has a car that looks like I took crackers and jumped on them for fun!!

Sarah said...

cracking me up!!!!! so true. all of it

Momma Fish said...

That is awesome. It made me laugh, but at the same time cringe a bit because I'm not quite there but see it in my near future.

Christina said...

now that was freaking funny!!

did all of that happen to you TODAY!??! i bet it did huh!!

Jamie C. said...

So true! All of it! I love the wiping a nose doesn't require a tissue! As long as their is someone with socks around, we've got clean noses. And, I was such a freak about not going anywhere without combing my kids hair. Well that wenot out the window when yesterday we left the house with gabs wearing the side of her hair back, plus a clip she HAD to wear on the otherside, plus a pink headband...and her sunglasses on top of her head like her grandma. Yeah we looked like freaks walking around costco.

Emily said...

So true, so true! LOL

carey said...

Ha! Amen! Hey, it was a blast talking to you yesterday! Now we need to do lunch and continue the conversation. :) Thanks again!

Hannah said...

I hate those car carts. Why do stores do that to us??

Josh, Kim & Kids said...

AMEN!

Blackner Family said...

love this post!! So relatable!! I'm all about the popcorn/drink combo at Target!! And I can't tell you how many times my lunch was the leftovers of a happy meal!!

Bruce said...

I can relate to every single one. Some a lot more often than the others! :) Being a Mom really does humble you doesn't it?! :)

AnieCooper said...

HAHA! That was a funny one ;) I can't wait to be a MOMMA!!! HEHE

Happy Birthday EARLY! ;) I have a shoutout for you on my blog hehe! Love you girly!

Mama Bear said...

I can relate to almost all of these. Funny, yet sad, all at the same time! It's amazing how our lives change when we become mothers...yikes! :)

Elise said...

I don't get it. None of those things have happened to me :)
That was a good post! Thanks for the laugh.

Krause Crew said...

Isn't that the truth.