Apr 10, 2008

No more Diapers and doc's visit!

Three successful nights in panties and no accidents over here!!! Mike is doing so good!!!Just kidding!Blue is our little potty training success story!She has been in underwear for over three weeks and we finally said Adios to the diapers at night a few nights ago. After being out of diapers all day I was noticing a rash on her bum from wearing them at night. Her body had already gotten used to not wearing them. So that was my cue to ditch the diapers for good! And knock on wood it's been going great! Potty training is one of those things you never want to talk about till you know it's a done deal. I've tried it before only to jump ahead of myself and get peed on or stuck cleaning up messes so cross your fingers there won't be a follow up post about that exact result!

I did have my hematologist appointment yesterday and lots of questions were answered. I was there for about an hour and didn't feel rushed or lame for asking the questions that I asked. I guess the biggest comfort was to hear that a drug I would need is no longer in limited supply and that if my condition is still present and not getting better once I do have a baby that there are so many more drug options for me post pregnancy that I couldn't take during pregnancy. And most of them are administered in a pill form or through an infusion in the doctors off not in a hospital! That's reassuring!

So we'll now process this info and start fasting and praying for our answer. I honestly have no pull either way yet. This decision feels different then any of my other pregnancy choices. We'll just wait and see.

Who watched Idol Gives Back last? I loved it so much!The comedians were a riot and I just love all the support and meaning behind last nights show! I did think little Miley had some pretty grown up moves for a 15 year old! Oh ans I loved all the So you think you can dance dancers on the show. I can't wait for that show to start!

Ok....Dulgarian out!

7 comments:

Hannah said...

Hooray for Blue!! We are done too...and I don't know what to do with all the extra diapers.


I am so glad the doctors visit went well!

Megan said...

Yay for Molly! What a big kid!
Glad to hear your appt went well! That's nice to know you have more options.
We watched Idol, it was so good, and so sad! I loved all dancers too!

Amber H. said...

First, congrats to Molly! Count your blessings that you can go nights without diapers. Felicity is STILL wearing pull ups and she is 6! My kids were cursed with very small night time bladders, so that is a big hats off to you guys!
Second, yes! I loved seeing the SYTYCD dancers on Idol! I started watching it and Josh was in the other room when it came on. I was yelling to him to come and see. I am SO in love with that show it's not even funny!
And finally, thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I too wish we could have been better friends while we were there together. I am unfortunately cursed with an extreme SHY gene that I am always battling. When I meet people like you that are very confident and seem to have no fear, I feel intimidated (not to mention you are so cute and fun!) so I think it held me back. Then when I came across your blog and have read so many things about you that I completely relate to, it makes me sad that I didn't try harder to get to know you when I had the chance. It's totally my own fault, but yes, I'm so glad we have gotten to know each other better this way! Blogs are the most amazing thing I think.
Oh, and I just wanted to say I think you are amazing for doing that charity work. I am always looking for other ways to fulfil myself and it's great that you are able to accomplish that! What a great feeling :o)

Christina said...

Hooray for Molly, and for the good news at your appointment. I'm glad things are getting on track for you!

carey said...

Congrats on the potty training, Mike! Woo hoo! lol. :)

I'm glad your appt. went well, Rebecca. I hope you are starting to feel better about things.

I'm excited to chat with you - - some time next week ok???

Jess Perry said...

Way to go Blue!! What a big girl. Man...I have a lot to look forward to..

donna said...

Way to go BLUE:)
I am so glad you had a good DR visit!