Apr 28, 2008

For sure there has to be a prize for having Strep three times!

Because if there was I would gladly petition for an additional prize for the poor mom who has to take care of that big winner! And you know who would win that prize...ME!!!!!!!

Yep! count 'em up! Three times Blue has been kissed by the Step Throat Fairy! Three times!!! Her doctor said the next time she gets to get her tonsils out! Poor kid... but is it ok for me to say Poor me!!! I'm the one that gets to wake up to a hot little body that needs constant care for 4 hours of the night! I'm the one who still has to get to church to teach Sunday school!I'm the one that has to get coughed on and has to pin down a two year old in order to get a culture. I'm the only one she wants, the only one who she lets give her meds, take her to the potty, and I'm her bed buddy of choice! Don't get me wrong but what always happens is I get sick, I get no sleep and I'm still expected to cook, clean, and be sexy for a husband!!!!! Like I said...where's that prize and I hope it includes a trip to the spa and one round trip ticket to somewhere warm and beachy !!! Oh I love being a mom!!!!

Poor Blue... she really is pitiful when she's this sick. Thankfully she response great to antibiotics so by tomorrow she'll be herself by bed time! And I really love taking care of her...it's just exhausting at times and I get a little crazy as you can tell!

I'm convinced there needs to be award shows like the Emmy's, CMA"s and Tony awards for moms! Forget the best new hit, best screen play and best leading actress award! What about awards like...

-For making endless peanut butter and jelly sandwiches only to find them barely eaten and on the rug!
-For putting the same kid back in their bed 10 times in one night!
- For being barfed on again only after drying off from a shower you just took to wash off the first layer of vomit!
- For not bursting out in tears and saying "No thank you" to that ultra sound tec who just told you it's another (fill in the blank!)
- For surviving having to take TWO kids to the ER in less then 24 hours!!! (That award goes to Julie...take a bow!)
- For making a meal that no one will eat and being brave enough to eat it yourself just to validate your effort!
-And For braving the crowds of Wal Mart and not cursing at some one as you wait over an hour for your prescription!

Now those are real life awards! For sure we could all be nominated for award categories like that!
But before we all go and start writing our acceptance speeches we better just get used to the rewards and accolades coming with a little less pomp and circumstance! Our awards come in the form of crayon drawings worthy of refrigerator magnets, or our husbands giving us the night off and unloading the dish washer for us!!!They come in the forms of clean dinner plates and kids sleeping in till 8. A reward for me is getting to take a bath by myself or really getting the night off from my hubby. wink wink!!! So I guess it's not as bad as I think it is some times!!! Maybe us moms will never have a statuet to put on our mantel but we will always have the satisfaction in knowing that we are needed and we have special abilities to comfort a child and keep a house a home! And that 'ain't all that bad after all!

11 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, poor Molly and poor you! Thanks for the reminder that being a mom is never going to get any easier! :) Not that I have it hard yet, but I know the times are coming!

Christina said...

I hope M is better soon! Strep is the pits, but I bet she'll be whole new girl without her tonsils! Motherhood is hard work, but so worth it.

Sarah said...

i love the idea of real life awards.

i'm so sorry blue is sick! Strep is so yucky! I hope you get some sleep soon.

Hannah said...

I am so sorry!! I hope she feels better soon!

Andrea said...

Poor Molly! Ugh. I'm telling you, it was hard when Ryan had his tonsils out, but so so worth it!

regibells said...

well said! You really are a great writer. I hope your sweet little Molly Blue gets better soon. You guys have been sick with more than just strep too! Yuck. I want you guys to get better (because it is hard to have sick kids...and for selfish reasons of course! So call me when you guys are no longer plagued!) You are such a good mommy Becca! Hats off to you!

donna said...

OH i am so sorry..
Yes Motherhood is so hard and we never get a sick day:)!!!! We have to work 24 hours a-day!!
But it is the best job ever..
I hope Blue feel better soon and you can get some rest....
(((((BIG HUGS))))

Morph This said...

I see that thees people have been posting since the 24th. Is there a reason that your sister.. your own flesh and blood wasn't invited until today? 5 days later?

PS. That is absolutely terrible that molly has it AGAIN! When is this going to end for you?

Amber H. said...

Amen sister! I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of that again! I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly. I can relate with EVERYTHING you wrote in there. You have an uncanny nack for writing down everything I feel, but can't express as well as you can. Way to go :o)

Jess Perry said...

That poor thing...she deserves a medal of some sort!!

Julie said...

Awww, poor mom and baby girl. I can't believe 3 times! I hope you both can get some rest soon.

And my idea of a reward would be sleeping in 'til I wake up on my own. I don't care if I can only sleep until 8:30am as long as it's my own body waking up and not because someone else wants or needs me to!