Apr 19, 2008

Arrrgggg!!!

No I'm not a pirate... Just frustrated but I'll fill you all in later once I get more to the bottom of my dilemma!!!

So yesterday I turned 29!!!! What's up!!!!I love getting older! Nothing too out of the ordinary to share.I did do exactly what I wanted which included not getting dressed till noon, talking to my sister on the phone for over an hour and taking a nap when both girls were asleep!!!Nice and relaxing!

Then Mike was sweet and brought me home flowers and a cake! I really wanted to go to dinner at Red Lobster... I know! Nothing fancy but I was craving their jumbo coconut shrimp! I THOUGHT I knew where it was and when we drove there I was totally wrong!By then I was starving so we settled for what was around RUMBI Grill. It was good but not the best. We finished the night watching I am Legend, so loved it!!!!

The funniest part of the day was Cricket who kept coming up to me all day asking to do something "birthdayish!" How funny is that! Sadly as grown ups we tend to disappoint the little ones' when they realize we don't have balloons, pinatas or party games to look forward to on our birthdays!She had to settle for nap time and driving around town looking for somewhere to eat!!!Sorry Cricket!

14 comments:

Laura said...

Happy belated birthday. Welcome to the 29 club. I'm glad YOU are ok with getting older cause I'm kind of freaking out over here. Haha. I do not want to be 30! I guess once you have kids you realize you are grown up and I am not there yet. Hope you had a good one!

Christina said...

DANG i missed your bday!??!?!?!

sorry about the busted dinner..i do that all the time..THINK i know where im going..hence the REASON jon got me a GPS for xmas...maybe thats what you should have gotten for your bday!!

Jillyboo said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I am so sorry that you had to drive around all evening looking for your dinner. There's nothing worse then wanting something in particular and then the disappointment of it not going your way.
Again, Happy Birthday!!!!

Jamie C. said...

Happy Birthday Becca! Sorry I missed the big day! Glad you had a good day, and maybe next year you'll know right where the Red Lobster is!

donna said...

oh i miss your b-day!!!!!! Oh I will mail you some-thing soon:)

Sounds like you did some fun stuff... Naps are great......

E Winzeler said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOMAN!!! Glad your day was relaxing and ended up well with flowers, cake and I AM LEGEND! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

jeremyandleslie said...

Happy birthday..belated! Sorry about your dinner - Rumbi is our favorite place to eat so I'm sorry it wasn't the best. Of course when you're craving something else, nothing else will do! I'm turning 29 this year as well and freaking out about it...eek!

Sarah said...

happy belated birthday! kids are so cute! they love it when it's anyones birthday not just their own.

Andrea said...

Sorry you didn't get your birthday shrimp! That's too funny. I remember the boys wondering why I wasn't having a party one birthday lol.

carey said...

Happy late birthday, Rebecca!!! I remember you saying that your b-day was on Friday and I had good intentions on remembering it, but my brain is not functioning properly. :)

The Dunns said...

Happy 29th!!! Yum I love coconut shrimp! Sorry you missed out. Have you ever tried Outback's coconut shrimp? They're my fav! Anyway, cute Mace that she wanted to do something birthdayish for her moms big day. I love your girls.

Emily said...

29 is the "cool" age! :) Happy late B-day!
There's nothing like seafood and some of those cheddar biscuits! YUM!

michelle said...

Happy belated Birthday my sweet friend!!! I wish I would have been in town. We could have had lunch, and shopped, talked etc. I will be up for quite a while this summer! We can do it then! I need to call you! We haven't talked in forever! Miss you! :)

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday! Wow, 29? I forget your are Kathryn's age! One more year in your 20's to enjoy!