Apr 25, 2008

Friday is upon us!!!

YEAH!!! Even for a mom who's days seem to melt into each other and who rarely knows what day it is, Fridays are still exciting. Remember Fridays as a kid!!!The last day of the school week, Popcorn Big Stick Day at College View and you could buy a fudgecicle for 25 cents! and enjoy as you walked home. Remember T.G.T.F. on tv that night and we all got our fill of Full House and Family Matters!!! AHHHH....Those were the days!

Now a Friday just means that all too needed second pair of hands will soon be on th clock as well! It means Mike gets to be apart of morning routines soon and I get to revel in the all too lovely shared parenting tag team style we have mastered for weekends! And it also means I get a night off in the kitchen. We usually eat out once on the weekend so that's a nice break.

Cricket has her first soccer game tomorrow and if you read my family blog you're well aware that we need some prayers to get her off the side lines! I'm looking forward to see how I'll react. I 'd hate to turn into that mom who threatens her kid in front of everyone and looks like a crazy person but honestly that feeling started to surface last Monday when practice went to the dogs!

A few fun things to share... IKEA has their re usable shopping bags that I love back in stock. They bring them out just before summer. They are the best! I can pack so many groceries in one bag and they have huge handles so I just carry in all my food at once because I use my shoulders not just my hands. Pick them up while they last... Stuff like this seems to come and go so fast there and at $1.49 you can get plenty!!

Also, Greys Anatomy started last night!!!!!I haven't watch it yet but I can't wait!And how funny was The Office!!!1 I love that tv is back and my night Thursdays are once again my favorite night of tv!

Anyone else watching Big Brother? Just wondering!!!Who do you want to win? I am such a reality tv junkie!!!

WEll I better get the day going!!!Have a great weekend everyone!


ok...One more thing that's on my mind!!!!! What's up with the word verification that so many bloggers have on their comments sections. Does it really keep anyone from posting a comment who shouldn't be? I always get that "ugg" feeling when I have to type in some random letters that make a funny hobbit like name just to post a comment. If you don't realize you have the feature on your blog and are wondering how to take it off go to the setting tab on your dash board and open the comments tab. Then scroll down and click the no option for word verification... Or maybe there is a good reason for it and I'm just not aware of it. If there is let me know. I'd hate to be left in the dark but at this point I can't see a reason for it.

17 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

AMEN to the word verification thing! But as I was reading it, I started to wonder if I had actually had it on my blog and just never realized it. I dont post comments on my blog, so now I need to go check it out! oops if i do!

and yes, fridays are the best- always have been! You hit the nail on the head for all reasons, even as a kid- except you failed to mention Pizza in the cafeteria! Friday was the only day we bought lunch. Yummm, greasy, soggy pizza and a chocolate milk. Now it makes me sick, but in elementary school it was the best! And now that I am a mom, I think it is an even better idea- my mom probably had one more reason to love fridays too- no making school lunches! unfortunately for me, ethans school wont offer school lunches, so i wont have that luxury!

have a great weekend, and good luck to macy. there are always those kids who refuse to play, and my son was one of them here and there! have fun!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

and one more thing, since my post wasnt long enough- i am just glad sheila isnt in the running for big brother. i like both the boys, so i will be happy with whatever. ryan played a better game, since adam kinda hid for the first part, but i love them both!

a lot better than the last season when it was a lose lose situation with both Donato's in the running. I hated evil dick and his daughter!

donna said...

word verifications thing?? HATE them.

Oh TGIF! I love Fridays. It is DATE night and day i don't have to cook dinner...:)

Bruce said...

Fridays really are great. I love knowing we can sleep in if we want to, so Friday nights we stay up as late as we possibly can! Love it!

I miss TGIF, those shows were my favorite. :)

Amber H. said...

I'm right with you with Full House! We used to watch that every Friday! Also, I am another one who is right with you on the word verification. I HATE IT!!! You described my feelings exactly with the ugg feeling. It makes me not want to leave comments! Also, it always seems to never work the first time for me, so it's even more frustrating! Anyway, just had to let you know there is someone else out there with the same feelings!

E Winzeler said...

Are you calling me crazy!?! I always threaten Landon! I vowed to never bribe or threaten, but to rather give my children choices...uh...yeah, famous last words. Then reality set in and the only choices my child has is to go to time out or get flicked in the head!

Shannan said...

you are ugggghhh-ing me! ok i have word verification on my blog and i did it because I got some random "spam" comment about them meeting me at the airport and to go to some site to get more info on what we talked about (hello haven't been on a plane for 3 years!) so I checked out the site (out of curiosity) and it was some sicko site! I don't know if it keeps "spam" away but I figured I'd make it more difficult. Do you know a better way (besides going completely private!) For the record I uggghhh it on other people sites too it really is anoying.

Hannah said...

Yay for the weekend! I love Saturdays and Sundays. Jason takes over and I finally get a bit of break from the kids.

I used to get a ton of spammers commenting on my blogs, so sorry that I have the word verification turned on. Maybe I will be adventurous and turn it off again.

Elise said...

Yes, I hate word verification. I guess because I don't really understand the purpose of it--all slanted and barely readable as it is! I'm scared to take mine off though,just in case there really is a good purpose. Sorry. Funny that you posted that because I've been pondering that same thing. . . as I'm sure many others do as they type in the weird letters!

Bryn said...

Is it so sad that I remember that entire jingle from TGIF that they would play in between the shows like Full House and Family Matters? So sad! Hope Macy stepped foot ont he field today...it's all about baby steps!

Jamie C. said...

Thanks for the invite Becca! Your last post cracked me up...about your secrets and all! You're so funny! I hope Macy had a great soccer experience!

Andrea said...

I despise word verification! Ugh. I never get it right anyways. I love weekends too. I hope Macy did well at her game yesterday!

AnieCooper said...

Woohoo an extra pair of hands...you must love having Mike home with you. Even though we don't have kiddos yet, I love having Brent home with me ;)

So...your BB question. I am addicted to that show thanks to Allie ;) I guess out of the two choices I have I will go for Ryan. Adam drives me kinda crazy haha. I really wanted James to win...he cracked me up!

Well, I am going on an hour of sleep...and have a huge Gala event tonight for work...wish me luck haha! Hope you are having an amazing weekend! Miss you girly! Love you :)

carey said...

Here's my prob with the verification thing. Half the time, I can't read the darn letters! What's the deal??? Ok, and I dig Fridays - favorite day by far. :)

regibells said...

Oh the College view days with big sticks, & popcorn. And Bob the crossing guard! The things you forget. I have always loved fridays too...it all started at good ol C.V.

Diana said...

Hey Rebecca. I too have been wondering if I should make our blog private. I put a blog tracker on our blog just so I could see who was reading my blog. Ignorance is bliss. I'm not sure I should have ever done it. Now I feel like I don't want lots of people seeing pictures of my babies. So what do you think? should I do it? I still want my friends to check it out. I feel like if I make it private no one will ever read it.

Christina said...

the word thing is no biggie for me..i dont think i have it on mine..

i LOVEd grey's & all my thurs shows!! SO FUN!!

no big brother for me...

fridays are just oh so fabulous!! hope to see you this weekend!