Apr 7, 2008

FINALLY!! First room OFFICALLY Done!

After living here all of 8 months I can finally say I have a room completely done!Ok... We STILL need to build the trundle bed stand but that's it! Here are pictures of the much awaited Girls bedroom. I just put the finishing touched and added the fun vintage fans I fell in love with that I saw on my good friends blog!Thanks Jamie! I am thrilled with the way it all turned out!This room is a huge reflection on the thing that mean the most to me and hopefully my girls. I put a lot of effort into the entire room.

It started with the paint. I hand painted all the button tufts on the wall. I made the duvet because I was less then thrilled when it came to my bedding hunt! I found the amazing vintage handkerchiefs at a new favorite vintage consignment shop and was lucky to find the monogrammed "M" hankies. Apparently they came from an estate sale who's owner was named MARGE!!! The painting is an antique gift from Mikes grandfather collection who we absolutely adore and I planned the entire room around this picture. It will always be my favorite thing in the room besides my girls themselves! The baby photo on the dresser is one of my mom! The decoration above the closet is re purposed from a shelf that hung in our old apartment! It reminds me of humbler beginnings. The small dresser is also an antique that I chose not to refinish because I loved the aged look already. The fans turned out so great!It was just what that wall needed. I was planning on shelves on that wall but when I saw them on Jamie's blog I instantly fell in love and the slash of color is too hard to resist!

All in all I am very proud of this space and hope my girls love it as much as I do!


13 comments:

Hannah said...

Good job!! It looks fabulous!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

dang lady- you have been busy! it looks awesome! love the fans! what a great idea!

Jamie C. said...

Becca the room looks fantastic. The fans are perfect. I'm glad you liked them and put them in the girls room! Congrats on finishing a room!

Emily said...

Loving the fans!!! What a perfect mix of old and new!

Elise said...

Hey there Miss Talented! What the! Are you for real? It looks AMAZINGLY AMAZING! I have a few suggestions though. . . JUST KIDDING! I just wanted to see what it would feel like to pretend like I had anything of creative value to offer. :)

Jess Perry said...

Gosh...you amaze me! It looks awesome! I am a huge fan!

donna said...

So CUTE!! You want to help me with Miss Emily's room. She wants a teenager room for her 13th b-day.
Hmm i need help!

Melissa E Photography said...

So cute, and so unique!

jeremyandleslie said...

the room looks so great! I bet the girls just love it in there! I love their bedspreads!

Amber H. said...

It looks really great! And the best part about it is that it is something personal to you guys. I think that is the key to good design. Not just having a room that looks good, but something that MEANS something. Good job! I love those embroidered hankies!

Christina said...

It looks fabulous! Great job. I'd love to learn how to make those fans! You need to give me the 411 on those.

Andrea said...

That looks so adorable! I'm sure your girls will love it!

carey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.