Jun 29, 2007

My dresser is here!

I was so excited this morning when this arrived. I was up all night thinking of how I wanted to refinish it. That will all depend on where I put it. I was thinking it might make a perfect buffet in my dining room and I could store all my place mats, table cloths and grandmas china in it! Or I might just put it in my guest room. We'll see! I love it's details and lines. It has endless possibilities in my mind at this point!

After looking through magazines and pulling all the things and colors I liked out of it I decided what my style is. It's eclectic farm house/ country/ turn of the century French country restoration. Wheew! That was a mouth full. Basically Very eclectic! Colorful muted shades like greens, blues, creams, with distressed and weathered looks. I think I'll have fun finding treasures like this and I can't wait to to hit up antique stores and flee markets and yard sales. I know it will be a treasure hunt!






I Know I'm a terrible aunt! I held Emmy for th first time this week and have taken like zero pictures as of yesterday. Here are some cute ones of my adorable little niece!

11 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, that dresser is beautiful and after seeing the pictures of your new home, I think it will look PERFECT!!! I'm glad you have found your style. I am in the middle of trying to figure mine out and everytime I think I like something, I end up changing my mind!!! Emmy is adorable! I'm glad that you get at least a little time to spend with her before you move.

Jamie C. said...

Did you say you got that for $15? Wow, that's beautiful! I would love to have a buffet like that in a dining room! Very classy!

Andrea said...

I think it would be good as a buffet...Glad you were able to sell your fountain...I'm glad things are working out in your favor getting ready for the big move!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

No way was that $15- you must have meant $150, right? Its great- I like the idea of a buffet table in your dinning room- I wish I had room for a nice buffet table, but I dont! Maybe in my new house... someday!

Amy said...

WOW! You got that dresser for $15?! Get out of here! I'd definitely use it for a buffet too (I've always wanted one!). BTW, I posted the shells pics on MC. :)

AnieCooper said...

how exciting! Macy & Emmy look too cute! I can't wait to see you tomorrow night!

carey said...

I love your style, Rebecca! You should GO FOR the schooling thing when your girls are a little older. I did this after my youngest had grown up a little. It was my escape! I loved it and ended up getting my degree finished. Tell Boo congrats - her little girl is beautiful!

Megan said...

BTW, I vote for using it for a buffet as well. I think it would be perfect. What color are you staining it? I have been looking for a buffet with a hutch for our dining room, but no luck finding anything cheap enough!!!

Melissa E Photography said...

$15? SCORE! How can you pass that up? I had no idea LDS business college at an interior design school. You would be great at that. Can I hire you to decorate my apt? Boo's baby girl is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

The dresser was oly 15 dollors!!?! that is amazing. Good luck with the refinishing it. The Boo's baby pictures are super cute.

Sarah said...

how fun! it's so pretty. I think you have great style. so fun to be moving and buying a house. I think it would be great as a buffet. the pictures are so cute.