Jul 2, 2007

The perfect weekend

I haven't had such an ideal weekend in forever! It was so perfect. It started off getting a call from Mike while he was on his way to racket ball at 7 am Sat. morning telling me that there was a yard sale with what looked like a perfect shabby chic cabinet with my name all over it! WHAT!!! Mike calling me telling me to go shopping!!! SCORE!

So I get the girls up and go to this yard sale and see it!!! It was so perfect! So me! It was antique white with crystal knobs. It would have been perfect for an entry. I ask how much..."$5!" WHAT!!! " I'll take it!" But sadly it just wasn't meant to be. Someone else was toying with the idea of buying it and the seller wanted to make sure he had the first go at it! DARN!!!! So that was the only bad part of the day!

Since I was out I just got the yard sale itch so I went hunting and man did I have my best yard sale day EVER!!! I know I went against the grain and ended up throwing our initial plan of selling all our stuff to minimize the amount to move! It just didn't really pan out that way after Saturday!! We're getting a bigger truck at this point!

Here's what I found...

A super comfy new leather couch!
An antique trunk
5 gallon glass water jug
A pottery Barn coffee table and end table
An Antique end table styled after an ice box (this was a huge find for me!)
A Cast iron skillet
An antique stool ( may become the naughty chair!)
A few other Antique accessories

My house looked like a furniture factory! It was a huge joke When Mike came home and I shared all my finds! He was super impressed with the deal and quality of the items I brought home! Trust me... When I go yard selling I have a mission. It's like I have radar. I can sift through the crap and find the good stuff! But right away Mike said we'll be renting a bigger truck! I told him it was his fault for calling me that morning! Ha Ha!!!!


I haven't decided which pieces I'll refinish and crackle and distress. It all depends on where I put it. Believe it or not but I only paid $282 for my little morning shopping spree! Couch included!!!! I told you all I was Queen of Yard Sales!!!


After all that excitement we took the girls to the dog beach and meet up with some friends!It was a blast! We picked up are all time favorite Mexican food and had a great day at the beach!



And the perfect day ended with a get together of old friends for dinner. Oddly enough so many of us were in town all at once! I had my two best friends all growing up Starla and Julie, and a handful of friends all from Middle school there! Anie, Krissy, Anie's Sister Jamie, Whitney and my sister! It was the best night! I still talk the most out of the bunch and everyone is the same! I just love my friends!! I really have a great group of friends that I so love!!! Thanks guys for a great night! Nights like that will be few and far between!



We sold some more furniture and that's always good news! Dude, craigslist draws in the strangest crowd!!! Coo Coo's!!! Anyway... That helped make room for all the new "inventory" at my house! Sunday was perfect as well! Church was great! It really was my favorite weekend! What more could I have asked for, Family! Great food, Great finds and friends!

9 comments:

Amber H. said...

What a fun post! I love all the pictures and I have to say, I am SO jealous you are in an awesome place to go yard saling! I love to do it, but living in such a small town, most haven't even heard of pottery barn. I can't believe you got everything for such an awesome price, including that couch, what?@?! Insane, but awesome! I love the white coffee table and the end table and that trunk is to die for! I think we must have very similar decorating tastes, even though mine runs all over the board. Thanks for sharing though! I loved it :o)

Dulgarian Family said...

How did you get that all home?!?!? No way did that couch fit in your car! How fun- I wish my husband liked garage sales- you and mike always find great stuff. Not us, we never have had luck, so now we just dont go.

And one thing that was missing from your perfect weekend... us!

Cant wait to see how that is all going to fit in your new home!

Matt said...

Loved all the pictures! What great finds you found at the garage sales!

Andrea said...

Lady, you are awesome. Your total price would have been a good bargain even if you only got the couch! Nice job. How fun to get together with friends.

donna said...

WOW what a great finds you found. I must go shopping with you.

What a fun night with friends :)

Amy said...

WOW!! Those are some GREAT finds! I'm so jealous!! Too bad Mike didn't pull over and buy it for you and just have you pick it up. Ha!

Melissa E Photography said...

WOW! You so need to drag me with you when you go yard sale shopping. I never find anything good. Don't you love getting a killer deal. I can't believe all of the things you got! Your weekend sounds like it was a blast.

AnieCooper said...

Becca! I love the post ;)

Dinner was so much fun. I loved hanging out with everyone. We seriously need to do that with EVERYONE at least once a year...I love that we are all still friends after all these years. I am so going to miss you living here.

Me, you, and Laura need to get together before you move! Love ya!!

Caitlin and Mike said...

What the! I don't think I've ever seen such good yard-sale finds in all my life! You must have a knack. I'm with Melissa: when you get to UT, please take us yard saleing with you.

Sounds like a fun weekend in deed!