Jul 12, 2007

I (HEART) Dome Depot!

yesterday was great! Took the kiddos to see the summer free movie and we saw Flushed away!!!!What a great movie! I think I loved it more then they did. It's my new favorite! Such fun humor!

MY mother in law took the girls for lunch and that gave me a few hours to myself! How great is that! I spent about an hour in my favorite ribbon store and that resulted in me spending $45 on ribbon! Oops! But I needed to stock up and I got some to send to my friend. I just love ribbon!

All that ribbon got me inspired to think about my craft room. I ended up at Home depot looking at paint. I love the fact that I'll have 100% control over at least one room in my house. Mike likes to have input on most things but my craft room is mine! I wast to paint it and make it so cute and inspiring! I think I have a ton of great ideas and I can't wait to execute them! I have fun paint treatments and storage ideas in mind.

Also at Home Depot I got a ton of samples for the rest of the house! I can't wait to get in there and paint! I found a great shade of light green for the girls room and some ideas for my kitchen and bedroom and guest room. I am really drawn to the greens and blues and I found a really soft butter yellow I hope will work in the guest room. But like I said before I have to get the thumbs up from big Mike D. and that's the hard part!


I love the power tools section at HD too. I really want to buy my first power tool once I get to UT. I want a miter saw so badly! I have all these ideas of making frames and doing a molding treatment in the office! I made that cornis box with my dad so I feel like I have the basic know how when it comes to using it!This is going to be a struggle convincing Mike I know what I'm doing but it's something I really want to do... Cross your fingers for me!

7 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

Your hubby is a lucky man! I can't STAND home depot. Everything. The smell, the lighting, the chaos. ((shudder)) Aaron is like a little boy in a candy store when we are there.

donna said...

I also love home depot. But I wish I was a lot handier with tools. But i am not.
I think that is so great that you are getting some ideas for your new home. I am so excited to see what you do to your house.

Flushed away is a great family movie.

OH i just saw some PINK power tools in a magazine.

michelle said...

You sound like your getting ready!!!!!!! I am sure you can't wait to start working on all of your projects....so fun!

Andrea said...

Ha, well, I know you have been reading my blog the past month so you know how I feel about Home Depot. LOL. Mel is cracking me up, her thoughts on home depot are the same as mine on auto parts store. Ugh, I hate going in there lol.

AnieCooper said...

You are too funny! You are so creative...I would not know how to do half the stuff you want to do...I can't wait to see how you change the house to make it more you ;) Hope Mike okays your ideas ;)

Can't wait till next week! Did you get the email...Wednesday is what we are thinking ;)

Jillyboo said...

I so badly want to decorate a home... one day. It is so cool that you will be so close to my Sis-in-laws in W. Jordan so I can see you up there. Where is this ribbon store? Do you make barrettes for your girls? You need to teach me how.

Megan said...

How exciting! Your new house is already so beautiful, and I can't wait to see what creative ideas you come up with for painting/decorating! Home Depot is a great store! I just got my first power tool there last month! I got a sander. My Dad got it for me so I could sand out our cupboards and repaint the inside, but I had a hidden motive, I really wanted it so I could sand down old yucky furniture from thrift stores and repaint/refinish them!