Jul 22, 2007

CRAZY Sunday!!!

There really isn't a better word to describe church today!!! First of all the microphones were not working!!Talk about a speakers nightmare! The Bishop had to scream over the pulpit announcing the meeting while some guy ran home to bring back his d.h. equipment. The Youth speaker had to speak really loud and then while this poor guy played his piano number they were setting up the microphone and speaker. What a distraction. All the while the fire alarm is randomly going off, flashing the emergency lights and each time we all got startled and laughed nervously. This poor speaker had it go off 4 three times but I have to hand it to her , she really kept her composure. The whole meeting was shot! It was sooo hard to keep focused! I felt so bad for everyone who had to speak. All the kids were extra loud and no we all seemed distracted!


Yesterday was great! We ran a bunch of errands and the girls spent the night at my dads. Mike and I were treated to an awesome dinner at Ruth's Chris by our good friend Jeff! It was so great to be out like that and the dinner was fabulous! Thanks Jeff
for the great Going away dinner! I had a Colby Steak and shrimp!!!! So goooood!!!!

All in all it's been a great weekend! One more weekend here in Huntington Beach!!!

12 comments:

michelle said...

I hope that you have a wondeful week Rebecca. I know that this will be an emotional time. Just know that many great blessings are in store for you. If you need to talk call me. Love ya!

AnieCooper said...

Aw Becca...you only have one more weekend :( So when are we going to get together? Does Wednesday work for you???

Anonymous said...

CRAZY! what was going on with the sprinklers? It sounds like your sacrament meeting was ful of adventure. :) I guess i missed the part about you guys buying a house. Where didyou end up buying the house?

Mama Bear said...

I can't believe you guys are off in a week!! Too sad!! Sacrament mtg was so crazy today...you forgot to mention that one of the bishopric had to fill in for our missing chorister. :)

Andrea said...

Ha, sound like a crazy sunday for sure! I can't believe you're moving in one week! Crazy!

donna said...

WOW, one more weekend!
I am so excited for you. Don't stress like I did. Just take one day at a time. Call me if you need to talk. :)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

wow, i cant believe you guys only have 1 week left! how exciting! i cant wait!

i remember when i was in that ward there were some crazy things that happened too- were you there when the big bird flew into the window in the chapel? all the sudden we heard this big bang and looked to the window and this dead bird (was huge by the way) was sliding down the glass leaving a trail of guts- so sad, but so loud and gross! that took away the spirit for sure- and no on e left to clean it up, so it was there the entire meeting- it was hard not to keep looking at it!

Sarah said...

that IS a crazy sunday. wierd. and you got my mouth watering for Ruth's Chris. We have 2 of them here and we LOVE it there.

Melissa E Photography said...

WOAH! It would be such a nightmare to have to speak through that. I think I would just break down and cry! I can't wait until you move here. Sweet!

AnieCooper said...

OK I am crazy...i replied to my own blog haha!

This is what I said that was meant for you ;)

Yeah Wednesday works for me. :) I can't wait to see you. I am so sad it will be the last time for a while :*(

Love ya girly!

Megan said...

Man, I have to give a talk on Sunday and I wish this would happen to me! I would rather that no one pays attention!!! I have a hard time getting up in front of so many people!

Good luck with the move! I bet you guys are getting so excited!

AnieCooper said...

Becca...check your email :)