Jul 30, 2007

My weekend!

What a great weekend! We spend the best day at the beach and soaked it all in once last time! I was so happy to see the girls having the best time playing in the sand and digging for sand crabs. Blue had absolutely no fear when it came to swimming in the waves! She could not get enough of the water! They will for sure miss the beach
but hopefully the snow will make up for that!





The theme for this weekend was food, folks and fun! WE had some amazing meals with friends and the only thing that toped the food was the company. I really could not ask for better friends! I will miss my wonderful neighbors and my close ward member girlfriends.

My sister took me to dinner this weekend. I really tried to avoid going because I knew it would be hard. And of course it was but it was more fun then sad thank goodness! She gave me a beautiful Willow tree figurine of two girls back to back. I cried OF COURSE! I just love my sister more then anything and here as I write I am getting chocked up... SO Moving right along...


We about finished packing! I ran out of tape so I'll run to get some more today. I know we'll be done today. I have to clean the apartment today and tomorrow and we;ll be set!


Oh did I tell you I called a few of my new neighbors!!!! I know! It's so me to do something like that!!! I called the Bishops house and chatted with his wife and got a few numbers of girls with kids my age. I was really looking for info on preschools but it was so fun getting to know a few of the neighborhood moms! I found out the school bus stop is right there at that park across the street from us!!! So cool huh! Guess I'll never have to drive my kids to school! A total plus! Anyway... both ladies I talked to were good friends with the previous owners and just raved about the house. It got me worrying. I almost feel like I have to change the inside as much as possible to make it my own because I know when they come over they'll be thinking about how "Andrea" had it! Funny huh! I know I'm nuts! But I had plans for the house all along!

All in all we could not have asked for a better weekend!

11 comments:

sarah ann said...

Oh, your girls are so stinking cute! I love that picture of the heart in the sand...I'm going to have to still that... He he :) Your sister is so sweet. That Willow tree is so cute! Congrats on moving and good luck! Tell little Blue and Macy hello! Love ya girl!

Megan said...

Ok, I DID cry reading this one! That figurine did it for me, what a sweet gift though.

I meant to ask you about what you found out about preschool for Macy, were those women helpful? I looked at your slideshow again and saw the black carpet, I actually think it's fitting for that room! I'm glad you are already making friends in your new ward, that will make it so nice when you get there!

donna said...

Wow, for some reason your post may me cry. OH it must be PMS!!!! Willow tree is so sweet. I wish i was a close with my sister as you are with yours. Good luck with your move. Make sure you give me you new address and phone # LOve the pictures :)

Anonymous said...

I love that figurine. GOod luck with your packing.

Jamie C. said...

What a way to celebrate your life in HB...a day at the beach! Looks like so much fun. Good luck with the move!

Mrs. Walker said...

I'm so excited for you to move to the big SLC! We'll have to do an MC girl's Ikea day!

Andrea said...

Hey, I can't believe your ready to move already! Time has flown by. Jeremy has a cousin in that area named Andrea and they just sold their house, the people you bought from didn't have the last name Santisteven did they? That would just be too creepy! lol. I loved your post.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Yea for the beach- I miss it more than I thought I would! You take it for granted when you live so close all your life!

Oh, I just bought Mollys swimsuit for Leah next year (if she doesnt outgrow it!) it was only $1.99 this past weekend and I have loved it since you got it, so we will see if Leah can fit into it next summer. Maybe it will be a winter suit for hot tubbing...

And when are you guys moving?! I have no way of getting a hold of you and I dont like it! I tried calling you today and of course your number doesnt work... but I am having becca withdrawals!

AnieCooper said...

I am sooo going to miss you being here....

Glad to hear you had such a great weekend! Love the pics!!! Love you guys ;)

Julie said...

You are so gutsy, I would not be able to call my new neighbors like that! That's great that you have a feel for them already. Good luck with the move. I know you'll make your new home wonderful.

Amber H. said...

Lets see...beach, snow...beach, snow...the beach wins out in my book! I loved Utah, but definitely didn't love the winters! I guess that comes from living in AZ most of my life :o) It will definitely be fun for the girls though! Felicity STILL talks about playing in the snow in Provo and that was over 2 years ago! I totally know what you mean about changing your house...too funny! Probably no matter what you do, they'll comment on how different or similar your styles are to Andrea's! Good job on being so gutsy to call your new neighbors. I bet you got some good info from that...and having the bus so close will be SO nice! Good luck with everything...hope you get settled in quickly!