Jun 10, 2007

Check it out!

Thanks to Sarah M. I have a beautiful new header for my blog!!! Wahoo!!!!! I love it so much!!!! Thanks a gain Sarah! You are the best! And I love how it set up my blog a little different! I love the new layout! It's so perfect!


Yesterday we got a lot done around here. I spent an hour posting ton's of stuff for sale on craigslist. We are selling a ton of our furniture for the big move. my only complaint is that people on craigslist are such flakes!!!!! I got like 3 emails for a dresser and nightstand in like one hour and once I emailed them back I never heard back from them. Yeesshhh! This is the part I hate about selling stuff. We become a slave to the in box and sit around waiting for people to show up!

Friday night Mace started complaining of an upset tummy and we woke up to her calling my name. She had thrown up all over herself. Gross! So we laid low Saturday and she and I are home today from church. She seems 100% as of yesterday but I would hate for her to not be and I take her to church. I had a killer headache last night and got restless night of sleep last night. I think I spend to much time in front of the computer!

I did manage to get over to Home Depot yesterday with Mike. We wanted to get a reality check on how much things cost if we need to buy them or do them or selves when we buy our first home. Holy Cow stuff is expensive. I had no clue how much a refrigerator or washer and dryer cost! YIKES!!!! And to re do a kitchen!!! My jaw was dragging on the floor!

I was also looking for that pressed tin Michelle. I couldn't find what you were talking about. Where did you find it in your Home Depot. I would love to have a pressed tin sealing in a dining room if it's architecturally pleasing in my home! I did find some cool sites on line but I was hoping to see what Michelle found at HD. Let me know!

Here are some example of pressed tin...
http://www.mbossinc.com
www.AmericanTinCeilings.com

We'll Mace finally woke up!!! have a great Sunday everyone!!!!

10 comments:

michelle said...

You have been busy! Sarah loved working on your blog header. She had so much fun with it. :) The pressed tin at the HD near my house, is right by where they sell carpeting. The kind you order there, and then they deliver to you. It is darling!!!! So inexpensive too. I am hoping this will be a summer project on Steve's honey do list. I was going to call you back the other day. I lost my cell phone for 4 days!!!!! I was about ready to come to the terms that it was never going to be found. It was found last night in the drawer next to my desk. Imagine that! I had all of my phone #'a in it. I will give you a call tonight after church. I am going to check out the HD website for the pressed tin. Have a great Sabbath.

sarah ann said...

Rebecca! Okay, I am so glad that you like the new blog header!!! The pressed tin stuff is sooo cute! Get better Macy!

Unknown said...

I love the tin. I wish I could find some place in my house to do it.

Andrea said...

Hey, I love what you/Sarah have done to spruce up the place. Your poor family has the pukes more than anyone I know. I hope Macy will be feeling 100% soon. I know what you mean about the price of stuff. We were at Lowe's yesterday and every thing is so expensive!

donna said...

How sweet of Sarah.

I remember you telling me about the tin sealing. That would look so cool. Have a wonderful day :)

Two said...

The tin would be cute if you had the right type of kitchen for it. My kitchen wouldnt work with it- and Rob wouldnt let me do it even if I wanted to! He is too traditional! I cant wait to see how you decorate your new home- I love so many of your ideas!

Matt said...

The tin sounds like a really neat idea. Weren't you blown away about how much a house cost and especially furnishing one complete with appliances. We bought our first home 5 yrs. ago and we were totally unprepared for it.

Amber H. said...

Becca, have you found a house in SLC yet? You might want to check out Craig's list there to find appliances! I found some awesome deals on ours for Phoenix. One gal was selling her brand new stainless fridge for 700 dollars (which, yes, is a lot still!) compared to 2400 at Home Depot. She had a home built and it was part of the appliance package! Just an idea for you if you hadn't thought of it before :o) Sorry about Macy! I hope she feels better soon!!

Amber

the bates motel said...

i like the new background. cute. so fun that you guys are moving and get to decorate a fun house. we're stoked for you guys.

Sarah said...

love the new blog. how talented Sarah is!!! i can't stand that stuff is so expensive. we really want to get some stuff done at our house. It costs so much money. it's crazy.