Jun 7, 2007

Verdicts in...

So.... We got the call yesterday that we have been waiting for! When Mike called me I couldn't tell he had received any news because there was no change in his demener. But... They want us! Well Mike that is!!! He was their first choice and they offered him the job in SLC!!! YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!Not that we had to wait a super long time but man the wait just makes you second guess yourself and the opportunity you know!!! I was so happy and excited and proud of Mike. He didn't seem all that thrilled like I thought he would have but he explained that he was at work in his office and most of his co workers still have no clue so he had to keep it on the down low!

He will officially accept the offer today when they get back to him with his moving expense package and hopefully a time line. His boss here ideally would like him to stay till the end of Aug. WHAT!!!!! I hope they can get that date moved up a little... But I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world to be here that long. I would get as much time with baby Emmy as I could!!! That's a huge plus.Hopefully we'll know more today or by the tomorrow!


so watch out Utah...here comes trouble!

16 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so happy for you, what a great opportunity, but I'll miss you so much too!

Morph This said...

So exciting and so sad at the same time.. I am really happy for you no matter how much I joke about giving you a hard time for leaving me. Just as I am about to have my first baby.

Just promise me that my girls wont turn Utah. Sorry to any of the Utes out there.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

well, its over then. my hopes and dreams of you moving to arizona- they are all gone and i am dead inside. fine. move to utah. now i know who my true friends are- michelle and shireen. not becks. i will have to explain to ethan and leah this story of abondonment when they are old enough to understand. right now it will be too painful for them.
bye molly. bye mace, it was nice knowing you.

(burst into tears! wailing! can't fight back the tears!)

(actually, I am very happy for you, but sad for me. i think i am allowed to have selfish hopes, right? i am excited you are getting a new home- that is fun. i am just sad its not by me! i dont think i could ever talk rob into moving to utah, so i guess i am stuck! have fun... without me!)

(pouting...)

Jamie C. said...

How exciting! Congratulations! We had to wait months before we found out where we would be spending this five years, so I know that was klling you! Now on to the fun of finding a new neighborhood, home, ward, and friends! So happy for you...sooo fun!

Sarah said...

congratulations! And jenny's post cracks me up!

donna said...

I am so HAPPY for you girl. Make sure you get your guestroom all nice and ready for me to come for a visit. It was fun taking to you today. !!!!!!! Your friend Donna

Mrs. Walker said...

Yay! We can all have one big play-date lunch together! I'm so excited!

Amber H. said...

Becca, How awesome! I'm so jealous I have to say! As you know we just went up to spend our anniversary in SLC and I got SO homesick and so did Josh. Maybe someday in a few years from now we can get a transfer and get up to see you guys! Congrats!

Mama Bear said...

Wow! Congratulations!! That is so exciting...I'm happy for you guys! We are definitely going to miss you, though! What is up with everyone moving out of state lately? *sigh*

Amy said...

Hooray!!! Congrats to Mike and the fam! I think we'll get to see you more too!

AnieCooper said...

Becca! Congrats to you and Mike! I am very happy for you, but sad for me...it won't be the same when Julie comes to town without you there all the time. Now we will have to plan dinners when you're in town! I am really happy for you though! We definitely need to get together next week. .Laura said she is in :) What is the best for you?? I have a talent show on Wednesday and my cousin graduates on Thursday...so let me know :) xoxox tell mike congrats!!

michelle said...

YIIPPPEEE SKKIIIPPEEE! I'll give you a call tomorrow. I am so happy for you becca!

sarah ann said...

Oh shucks! Now I can't babysit your girls, Heeee! Congrats! Utah is fun!

the bates motel said...

congrats you guys! that is soooo exciting. ut is awesome! you'll have to keep us updated! so fun!

Matt said...

That's wonderful news! Now the countdown begins. Congratulations to your family.

Andrea said...

Ugh, I've been gone for like a day and I missed this news! Congrats! Although, I'm sad that we won't be able to rendezvous at Dland again!