Jun 20, 2007

We did it!!!!



What a weekend!!!It started off horribly with Boo calling me just as we are leaving the air port after we land telling me she's in labor! I cried the rest of the way to Provo and have never felt farther away! I was so sad I was missing it!

Anyway... Long story short!!!! WE BOUGHT OUR FIRST HOME!!!!! It was just like I imagined it! WE walked in and just knew it was the perfect home for us! The best part was that Mike felt the exact same way! I was always afraid that I would fall in love with something and he wouldn't be convinced! Not in this case!

So here are some details... It's in the very southern tip of West Jordan bordering South Jordan. It's going to be a perfect commute to down town! It's tucked into a neighborhood with no worries that the little ones will walk out onto a busy street! It's one house away from a great open field with a park and covered picnic area!!!!The park was such a bonus!!!

It sits on 1/3 of an acre with an amazing back yard that I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of! 5 bed 3 bath fully finished basement!

The main floor has hardwoods and designer carpet with designs and embossment in it. The kitchen to some may look funny but it is sooooo me! It has a different stain and glazing treatment. It looks much cooler in person! It works with the house and the rest of it's charm. And I am in love with my light fixture in the dinning room!

The playroom has that adorable mural painting that works so great and that closet will house all the toys and games and it will be easy to organize! The common area in the basement is long and has great high traffic carpet but not in my favorite color or pattern but it will hold up for years to come. The bar has a fridge and storage. There are two rooms down stairs...The playroom and a big guest room so I expect guests!!!! And the bath room with the cool dresser sink is down stairs! There is another room with no windows that I plan on making my craft headquarters!!!! FINALLY!!! A real place of my own!!!

I really am on cloud 9! The process went fast and we were ready to rent but yesterday we fell in love with our home sweet home! We have been praying that we would be lead to the home that was meant to be ours and I feel like my prayers have been answered! I can't wait to get in there and make it our own. The charm and details in this house already feel like my style and quality. It's better then I could have imagines!

We close escrow the end of July so I have my fingers crossed that the inspection all goes through without a hitch!

I have to give a huge thanks to our family Josh and Tiffany who let us stay with htem this weekend and helped with the girls. WE were all sick and that was a huge sacrifice they made by letting us stay with them!!!We love you guys! And thanks mom for hooking us up on the flights! You rock!!!!

Michelle... Totally fell in love with Tai Pan! We live off the same street so you know I'm all over it!

18 comments:

Two said...

I couldnt sleep last night so I was on the computer and I kept clicking back to the website of your home- I love it and can't wait to see it in person! Congrats congrats!

donna said...

OH your house is beautiful. I LOVE it. 5 bedrooms and a basement. Wow you have room for me to come and visit! Yes I will come to Utah to see you girl :) I am so HAPPY for you. I will call you next week after our move. BIG HUGS Donna

AnieCooper said...

Oh Becca!!! I am so excited for you guys. I know how much you wanted a home and now you have it! How awesome is that!?!?! We really need to get together for dinner and celebrate your new house! The girls' playroom looks like the entire size of our apartment haha! I can't wait to see all your stuff and personal touches! Maybe we will have to make a girls trip out to visit you guys ;) I'll talk to Jewelz!!

I am so sorry you missed Emmerson's birth...that had to be hard on you, but obviously there was a reason you went to Utah this weekend :)

Congrats again and congrats on being an Auntie again :) Love you much!! muah :)

Julie said...

The playroom is adorable and I'm jealous of your FIVE bedrooms!! I'm so happy for you and Mike especially since you both love it so much.

Jamie C. said...

What a beautiful home Becca! Congrats! I really love that formal carpet! It will be so much fun to move in and add your own personal flare! Ok, Tai Pan...fabulous! We went there every time I visited Bryn, you'll have to check out Gardners Village too, great shopping. But now I know roughly where you live! I so happy for your family!

michelle said...

I am sooooooo happy for you Rebecca! I was just driving home from the store this morning thinking about you. I was hoping you found something you loved!!! This home is gorgeous! YEA! for Tai Pan! I knew you would love that place! :)

sarah ann said...

Rebecca! Your new house is so pretty! I love it! Congrats!

Suman Family said...

Congrats! Everything is so beautiful. We are happy for you!

the bates motel said...

congrats you guys that is so exciting! what a beautiful home! so fun for your kids to have a huge play room too!

Melissa E Photography said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it! I am seriously so excited for you guys. And we're going to be neighbors!...kind of. We LOVE that area. Congrats!

Oh, and I love Tai Pan too!

Sarah said...

love it! it's so beautiful!!!! what are you going to do with all that space!!!I bet you can't wait. how fun.

AnieCooper said...

Hey becca...could you help me figure out how to change my blog site!! I am sooo bored with it :) Thanks :) xoxox

Andrea said...

Ahhhh! So exciting. It's gorgeous! I'm so glad that you were able to find something that you both loved!

Amy said...

WOW! That is one beautiful home! Did you find out if there are any programs for first time home buyers? They usually give $3000K and more to help w/ closing and all that fun stuff!!

Kizzie said...

That house is gorgeous!!! Congratulations on buying your first home!!!
When you move out here we'll have to have an MC welcome party!

AnieCooper said...

Sure if you want to do it for me that would be awesome :) I will email you my password and stuff. thanks! muah!

Caitlin and Mike said...

Okay, I'm drooling all over my key board . . .I love your house!

Two said...

I cant get enough of this house! I am thinking about it all the time! I also like the song you have on the slideshow too, so that has me checking it often too! Each time I see the pictures, I see something else I am so excited about! This time I got so excited about hanging your stockings or some pretty garland over your fireplace! I can't wait to see it!