Jun 28, 2007

Happy day!

Things seem to be lining them selves up for us! Yesterday we sold our chocolate fountain. It was hard to see it go but a huge sign of relief. We ended up selling ti to the bride and groom of the last reception we did! They were so perfect for the business. Young and ready to devote more time and energy then we were able to do. It's a great business but it just got to be too much to get all our ducks in a row with the kids and Boo now having a baby and of course us moving. It just had to be sold!I'll miss the fun times we had running it!

We also sold more furniture last night to a lady who asked way to many questions! geesh!!! She had a million questions for us so I was glad she was gone! I thing I did something counter productive today in the furniture department! I stopped by a furniture store I had noticed a few weeks ago today and bought a dresser! it's an older antique looking long dresser. I love it's look and I got i got it for only $15!! I can't wait to refinish it and find it a great home in my house! I hope Mike doesn't freak out!

I took the girls to the library to read and have a good time. I picked up some architects digest magazines to get some design inspiration! I love decorating. In fact I think once I get my girls in school and if I can swing it I would love to go get my degree in interior design. LDS Business College in SLC has a great program I hope I can do part time some day! I just adore all things that have to do with decorating!

Well I did some more packing today and slowly I am making great progress! I have a new spring in my step and am going a mile a minute in my mind just thinking about how I am going to decorate my house. I already have the office done in my mind. Now the hard part is convincing Mike to let me have free creative control over the projects I want. That will be hard for him to do because I want to do stuff that involves a saw and a lot of patience!!

7 comments:

donna said...

Have fun packing girl. I have been unpacking like crazy for the last few days. I will call you son :)

donna said...

SOON!!!!!
So sorry :) :) :)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

ugh, packing- i dont envy you!

Becca said...

Packing is fun when you are so excited to be moving!!! Moving into a home you love makes all the difference!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your packing. It sounds like you're being super productive, which for me makes me happy. Congrats on all your sales. Yeah!

Megan said...

SHUT UP! I can't believe you got THAT dresser for $15!!! What a freakin steal! As much as I hate packing, it's so nice to go through everything and cleanse yourself of all the crap you've accumulated over the years! I'm so excited you guys are going to have your own house and you get to let your creativity run wild! I can't wait to see what you do with your already beautiful house!

Lupe said...

I wondered about that chocolate fountain. I'm sure it will be happy in it's new home. :0)