Jun 15, 2007

We're off....

no! not to the hospital for baby but for Utah! WE decided to take a last minute trip out there this weekend to go see what we are getting ourselves into. We are hoping to narrow down the areas we like.We'll fly out tonight and come home Tuesday! Of course I was super excited and got no sleep last night! I didn't help that we had both girls in our bed at one point in time during the night! Wish us luck!!!

I think we are figuring out the possible culprit to our families being sick all the time. My neighbor and I were talking about it yesterday and we are certain our apartments are contaminated with mold. Looking at the history , our kids always have a runny noes or ear infection or yucky tummy's. These are symptoms of mold exposer. I know we have had a leak for who knows how long and my place has a constant smell of mildew. My neighbor has visible mold on her windows and she had to toss two suitcases because they were moldy after being stored under a bed. I really think this is the reason why. Macy was never sick for 2 years then shortly after we moved here that's when I can trace the sicknesses starting. HUMMM!!! I think we'll bring it up to the landlord and ask the place to be tested. I know they have to if it is effecting our health. My neighbor is having her daughter tested. We'll see...

Ok girls... just wanted to check in! have a great weekend!

14 comments:

carey said...

UGH! I'm so sorry to hear about the potential mold problem! We actually had to move out of our home for over 2 months to get rid of the mold in our walls. :(

Have fun on your trip to Utah and tell your cute sister good luck with her labor - that video is hilarious! You remind me of my sister and I ...we would get along so well. :)

Andrea said...

Hey, have a fun trip. That is so weird, I hope it is mold just so that right in the nick of time for you to move they will have to give you some compensation for being so sick all the time. I hope for Boo's sake that she has the baby while you're gone, for your sake I hope she waits til you get back! LOL. Be safe!

michelle said...

I am so happy for you Becca!!! I hope you have a wonderful time in Utah! I know that mold can cause health problems. I will be eager to hear if it is your apartment! I would be so darn mad it it was. It is so sad to see little ones sick. Love ya! friend. If you need anything at all while in Utah please call me. I have tons of family there that would LOVE to help you!

donna said...

Oh Becca I am so sorry about the mold problem.


Keep us updated about UTAH my friend :) I will try to call you soon:)
This will be a crazy two weeks for me.

Sarah said...

that is so awful about the mold!!! Thate stuff can really make you sick. that is awful. I think i'd make a pretty big deal out of it. luckily you are moving soon. have fun in utah.

sarah ann said...

Oh that stinks about the mold! How exciting that you are goin to Utah! Be safe!

Amber H. said...

Becca,

Hopefully you will take some fun pictures for us to see while you are in Utah. Good luck with your trip! I hope you find somewhere you will love to be in....mold free! That is so sad about the problems you guys have had. I hope if that is the problem they will get it fixed fast! How sad you have had to live with it so long though! Can't wait to hear about what happens with everything!

Christina said...

oh my goodness! i just heard "thru the blog" HAHAH how funny is that! that you are moving!?!? what in the world!??! SO FUN! i KNOW you've been waiting for this day for a long time..im proud that you hung in there and now the time is here..how exciting! im anxious to see where you'll actually buy!?!?

oh not good on the mold thing! my friends husband does the testing and removal of it..older places have that issue..

well fun fun for you! im excited for the new changes!

AnieCooper said...

That is crazy about the possible mold problem. You are right though, if it is causing health problems they have to take care of it.

I can't wait to hear about Utah. I hope you have an amazing time looking around and picking out an area!

Maybe we can get together when you come back. I have the entire week off!!

xoxoxo

Nettie! said...

Have fun in Utah! I'm so excited you're moving there!! What's your e-mail? Will you e-mail me it at adollsmom@hotmail.com

Melissa E Photography said...

YAY! I hope you're finding some beautiful homes in Utah! I have been wondering what your plans were. When are they going to have Mike start?

That is really scary about the mold. But hey, you're going to be moving soon!!! WOHOO!

Caitlin and Mike said...

I'm dieing to see what you thought about the different areas of Salt Lake and what beautiful homes you found! Nothing is more fun than house shopping.

AnieCooper said...

hurry up and get back on here Becca! i want the dish...also i am sure you are going to put pics of your beautiful lil' niece. hurry up already!

Anonymous said...

I am a little late.. but I hope that you had a wounderful trip. Where did you decided to move to? And MOLD in your apartment area...that is serious!