Jun 22, 2007

Just a thought...

So I take for granted the simple things in life all to often. For example...The ease of breathing through both nostrils or being able to wear mascara without it running down your cheeks because your eyes can't stop watering. Ahhh! Those were the good old days!

This cold has been kicking my but! I will say I feel like I am on the up side of this beast! I can for the first time breath out of One nostril!!! Yep that's right! I will soon be joining the general population of experienced breathers again!

I know I was hit hard this time! Stress, excitement and little sleep are to blame! Oh well! My biggest loss is the fact that i have yet to hold and snuggle little Emmy Lou. What a sad side effect. My fingers are crossed for a Saturday snuggle fest with my little niece.

So today I have to be productive! No more sick days for me, well at lest that's what I am telling myself! I have a lot to do that has been left by the way side! I have a chocolate gig tomorrow night that I am so not looking forward to! It will be just me, how boring! I have to run and get supplies today. So I did the first thing you need to do to trick yourself into thinking you feel great...I got dressed. Then I did my hair and make up! Cross your fingers that it works!!!!

4 comments:

AnieCooper said...

Hey Becca...hope it works and you are better tomorrow. I hope you get to snuggle with Emmy soon! I can't wait to see the pics when you do ;)

We need to talk...next weekend we are planning a get together. Julie, Starla & Krissy will all be in town!! So, we are going to do something Saturday...not sure of details yet. I will let you know. Just make sure to leave it open :) Love ya!

Andrea said...

Hey, hope you get feeling better! When my sister had her baby, my other sister (her twin) was sick so all of us were in the delivery room and she couldn't be in there. Sucks.

michelle said...

I hope you get to feeling bettter asap! I am sure your going crazy, not being able to hold that sweet little one! Have a great day!

Amy said...

Sorry you're sick! I'm sick along w/ ya and I'm thinking it's allergies (well, hoping!). That truly stinks you can't see the baby, but you're such a GREAT aunt for putting her first and not sharing a germ fest with her! I know too much about RSV from personal experience & people who just can't wait to see a new baby and they're sick! UGH! Enjoy your chocolate fest!