Jun 1, 2007

So Much to talk about...Where do I begin!

SLC...

First and for most... Still no word back yet! Mike had a great interview yesterday and really had a great time meeting all the guys in the office. He feels like he could really mesh with all of them. They did say they were interviewing another girl who had more experiance so if more experiance is what they are looking fo she's got a one up on him! We just have to wait! He did say he would call today but who knows if it's to offer a job, say no thanks or tell us they still need more time!

Last night...

OK...So I was so in the mood for something treat like last night! I never have anything in the house when this happens!!! ARG!!! I was aching for some banana cookies that my friend makes . NOTHING! I finally got creative and had to remedy the situation fast! I did have vanilla pudding snack packs and Laurna Doone cookies which was a total out of the ordinary treat so I sliced up some banana and made a mini banana cream pie indulgent! I had Boo over and we totally scarfed it all down! soooo yummy!



Let there be ribbon...





So if any of you ever find yourself on a pilgrimage in search of ribbon, set your GPS to this place!!! Fabric Barn in Long Beach, CA is the place to stock up on wholesale ribbon! Boo, Megan ( Scrambledmegs) and I went hog wild in this spool super store. It's a place we have been going to since we were knee high to a grass hopper!
They sell ribbon by the spool or by the yard. everything I got was either 5yd. for a $1 or 10 yd. for a $1!!! I use it for crafting and the girls were stocking up on baby bow supplies. I could do some serious damage there but only managed to spend $12 ... humm? What was wrong with me? The majority of the store is wall to wall ribbon...They should really change their name to Ribbon Barn. The funny thing is they only have like 50 bolts of fabric for sale!

Hair cut...

Yesterday I got my hair cut. Boo treated me to a cut for my birthday!Thanks Sister!!! I am still getting used to it. She totally thinned me out in the back and I have major layers. My sister really likes it and Mike liked the way it was styled yesterday. I tried to style it today and I totally looked like FRIENDS 1994 so back it went into a ponytail...a tiny ponytail at that! I'll be taking my vitamins and praying for long hair again! I know I am a hopeless long hair wantabe! I did need it cut. I am still trying to grow out all the damage I caused when I fried my hair! I know by next week I'll love it! I just have to get used to it!

Mike said to me this morning that I was ready to move to UT... I already had the Utah hair!!!

Scrambled Megs Baby gift...





Here are a few pictures of the activity blanket I made for my future niece! After sweing it I just added tabs so you can attach toys to the blanket and it becomes a play mat. I had a lot of fun making it and it will probably become my go to gift now. I think it's so cute and useful. When toys aren't attached it a great blanket still!

Macy...I finally figured it out!

I've never really thought my kids look a lot like us and it hit me yesterday who I think Macy looks like... She looks like Rachel Ray!!! I was watching E True Hollywood Story on her yesterday and so many pictures look just like her! What do you think...




12 comments:

Andrea said...

Ha! She does look a bit like RR...Does Mace use the term "E.V.O.O." alot? LOL. I can't wait to find out about Mike's job! Come on, show a pic of you sportin the "Rachel"...Please?

donna said...

Wow she does look like Rachel Ray .

The treat looks so good :)



Great picture of you at the Fabric Barn.

Two said...

I am so jealous! I want to be back at fabric barn again!!!!!!

And you sound like me with my new hair! Way too many layers for me- in fact I have only worn it down once since it was cut last thursday! thats how you know you dont like your hair- when its up in a ponytail the day after it is cut! Post pics, I would love to see 'em!

And I am still praying for a Phoenix offer instead of SLC!

Morph This said...

Keep dreaming Steph.. the Dulgarians are out of here and I don't think they want to be any closer then 9 hours away!

Why did everyone cut their hair? Don't we remember that we all regret it once we do? I love Rebeccas even though she hates it.. she just wants big hair.

Sarah said...

she does look like her! how funny. i think it's the big cheesy smile! she's so dang cute. i woudl LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to the fabric barn! i would go crazy with all that ribbon. I want to see your hair i bet it's cute. i was crackign up when i read what mike said about Utah! lol.

Melissa E Photography said...

AAH! I can't wait to hear more details about your move! I'm crossing my fingers. And tell Mike I resent the Utah hair comment. HAHA!!

Amy said...

Great pics!! I love the activity blanket idea! The ribbon shop looks like my ideal place I'd love to get lost in. ;) And yes, Macey DOES look like Rachael! Wow!!

Matt said...

All that ribbon!! Love it! Your little Rachel Ray is so cute.

Hansen Family said...

I must say, a true resemblance.

Melissa E Photography said...

Hey Bec. I didn't design my header. I wish! I just searched for free blog headers and downloaded the one I have. I don't know if the normal blogger templates will let you add it or not. You can customize your blog with psycho..somethingorother.. the link is on my blog. Good luck! If you need help cropping, editing or adding a border, let me know!

Nettie! said...

I think Macey looks like a bit like Rachel but mostly...Mike! (But with your tan skin!!) She's so cute!!

Amber H. said...

That ribbon place is my DREAM store! I am so jealous I have to admit! I make bows for all three of my girls and could use a bargain on some ribbon like that. It can get pricey when you have to make 6 of the same kind! Cutie pictures of Macy though..I think she looks more like you and Mike than Rachael Ray though, sorry!