May 13, 2008

What are your spiritual blessings?


On Sunday we had a beautiful lesson in church about Spiritual Blessings. Sorry I can't recall the exact title but it's been on my mind ever since I heard it. I sat there in the room listening and really trying to pin point what my Spiritual blessings might be. Other women shared how they were blessed with a power of discernment and are able to feel the needs of those around them or the ability to block out distraction in order to feel the Spirit. I was in awe of their clarity. Maybe they were like me at some point in there lives and were less in touch with what their gifts actually were.

Amazingly I know we have all been blessed with gifts that help make us who we are and are used to bless others. I can see the gifts one may posses it in so many of my good friends . Be it the ability to understand the scriptures with ease or the gift of patience. I can see it as an ability to forgive and forget easily or the power to make all those around them feel welcomed and comfortable. These to me are all gifts from our Heavenly Father! I am impressed by all of them and have benefited from so many of the gifts others have been given.

I would hope that we can all notice the gifts we have been blessed with. Each and every one of us can be a vessel of strength and comfort for each other. To me that's a requirement. What a joy we can all be when we are using our strengths and embrassing what makes us special.

I am beginning to recognize that what makes me me may largely be in part due to what my Heavenly Father has bestowed upon me. Blessings are not just for our benefit... they are given to us to bless and inspire.

8 comments:

donna said...

Oh Becca thanks for this wonderful post!!!!!

I too have benefited from so many of the gifts others have been given. I hope i am able to use my gift for good as-well:)
Have a wonderful spring day............

Andrea said...

So glad you had a great Mothers Day! I often (probably too often) feel like I fall short as well...I see all these older women who seem so wise and spiritually in tune. I'm sure I'll get there someday!

Christina said...

We had this lesson on Sunday, too. It was great! One of my spiritual gifts is the gift of teaching. It is such a blessing to learn what our gifts are and work to share them with others!

Elise said...

I taught this lesson in the good ole HB 7th ward on Sunday. It really was a good one (not my teaching, but the lesson itself). I think that if we can really pin point which gifts of the spirit we have been blessed with, it will help us to 1) utilize those gifts more effectively and 2) help us understand what gifts we need to "seek earnestly" for.
Also, I love that we all have different gifts so that we all may benefit from one another. . . instead of trying to compete or compare with others.
I love your posts.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I unfortunately was one of 3 women who were not in RS on Sunday- they did a special mothers day thing and since the RS president shared the message with me earlier last month, she asked if i would be willing to sit in as the primary chorister! everyone else had the preisthood take over for the day, but me, the primary pres and 1st counselor were in primary the 3rd hour. i really miss rs. its been 2.5 years since i have been in a rs lesson!

Christina said...

oh what a neat lesson--i just appreciate that we all have different ones and NOBODY has all of them! WHEW!

i LOVE that mike pulled thru this year-you SO deserve some sweet goodness!! what fun gifts!

Amy said...

What a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing - I do believe you have a gift for blogging - and capturing the important and beautiful things in life.

carey said...

Great post, Rebecca! :) We didn't get this lesson on Sunday - - hopefully this one we will. I love the MOther's Day photos too!