May 8, 2008

Cookie Utopia!!!



So here's a little insight on me... I love me a good cookie but no where can I buy my dream cookie! I love the cookie part of both a Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal cookie but everyone seems to ruin them by adding chocolate chips or raisins!!! You'll find me breaking out the chips and tossing the raisins!!! But man do I love everything else about them!

So finally I came up with the ultimate "Becca's gona' love it!!" cookie recipe and for all of you out there who know exactly what I'm talking about in having to pick out the parts of a cookie you don't enjoy then you'll have to give this recipe a try!!!

It's based on a recipe I got in a magazine but because I omitted so many of it's ingredients I claim this "New and Improved" final recipe my own!!! Like how I took those liberties myself!!!He he he!!!

Enjoy!!!!


Oatmeal Crunch Cookie

1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda1 cup Quick oats
1 stick butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vinilla
1 cup flaky cereal ( I used CURVES!!! so good!)




Preheat oven 350

Cream butter , sugar, brown sugar,egg and vanilla.

In separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder,cereal and oats.

Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients until blended.

Form balls of dough and place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Lick the bowl!!!, and bake at 350 for about 14 min.

Proceed to eat 3-4 before you family realizes they are out of the oven and you are forced to share them!!!!

There you have it!!!The best cookie that's only cookie that you'll ever eat!!!

**** You can use any flaky cereal you have...I think Honey bunches of Oats, or Special K would work too. The cereal just adds a great crunch to it and any flavored flake cereal I am sure would be super yummy!

9 comments:

Julie said...

I love Blue baking in her bunny suit, so cute! And MMM I love no "junk" in my dough, but I need the chocolate chips in a baked cookie.

donna said...

YUMMY!!!!!!!!! I may have to make the cookies this weekend..You got the cuties kids.....

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

looks like you guys had fun- i need to be more fun with my kids!

Amber H. said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

Andrea said...

Those sound so good. I hate baking though. It's just too messy and ugh. But, I might actually give these a try!

Morph This said...

No junk in my cookies over here... but I think I would eat anything the bunny and lady in red bake me. Looks yummy.

Jess Perry said...

Love the bunny costume!! Those cookies look yummy!

Megan said...

I consider myself a cookie monster! I seriously can eat a whole pan by myself! Sad, I know! Those sound so yummy!

I love Molly just hangin out in the bunny suit! Does she ever take that thing off?!?!?!

The Dunns said...

What a cookie without all of the Junk!??? I'll take my cookie with junk please, and milk.