May 7, 2008

Products! Gotta have it! Don't waste your money!!!

I'm a sucker for a few things in life and they all seem to be products I use in the bathroom. Be it make up or a new shampoo I love trying new things. Here my latest reviews on a few products I've been using... or not using lately!!!

Nano Titanium by Babyliss PRO: LOVE IT!!!!

This hair straightener is amazing! I have the 1" one and it's all I need. Not only does it straighten like a pro but it gives me the most amazing sexy "red carpet" curs in about 6 minutes!!! It can curl as well because it has curved edges and you can wrap your hair around it! This is a definite must in my home!!!

Cost: $100



OLAY Warming deep purifying cleanser: So so!!!

When they say it warms they really mean it WARMS!!!! The warming feature it self is a trip!!! It was such an odd feeling but it really seems to do what it says! I rarely buy OLAY products because they are too expensive in my book but I found this one in the clearance for only $5 so I thought I'd give it a try. So far so good but I think the biggest novelty or pull that this product offers is the fact that it warms up... other then that it's just another cleanser in my cabinet!

Revlon 3D Mascara: HATE IT !!!HATE IT!!!!

If you are into clumpy, nasty, heavy looking eyelashes then this is the mascara for you!! I on the other hand prefer well defined, clump free long lashes!
I was so excited to try this new product I think I payed full price! The ads for it looked amazing. I can't tell you how much I hate this stuff. The brush it too soft and barely sweeps the mascara on evenly. It's thick and I have never seen so much clumping and don't you dare try to reapply... it's a mess!!! Don't waste your money on this one girls!

Cost $6
Maybelline GREAT LASH Black Mascara: LOVE IT!!!

Tried and true this old American Stand by can still hold a candle to any of it's fiercest competitors! I hate to admit that I've gone astray at times and tried some newest and greatest mascara only to get burned and come crawling back for forgiveness!!! I can't get enough of my Great Lash! It's affordable and reliable! What more could you ask for! It also comes in browns, clears, and shades of blacks and had brushes to chose from!!! Stock up on this baby and keep your lashes long and sexy!

$4 on average!

Well that's it for today girls!!! I would love to hear what your must haves and must avoid beauty products are! Like I said...I am a sucker for a good product!!! More to come!

8 comments:

Amber H. said...

Thanks for the tips! My must have's are Avon Wash Off Waterproof Mascara. It makes my lashes long (people are always asking me what kind of mascara I use) but it's great because when you cry, it doesn't smudge, but you can wash it off easily with soap and water. I LOVE it! I also love Aveeno lotion, but I made a HUGE mistake of buying the generic brand at Wal Mart in hopes of saving a couple of bucks and it smells like rubbing alcohol! Yuck! I also have the Tourmaline flat iron from jilbert de paris (bought it at Sally's). It sounds a lot like the one you bought, but it only cost me 50 dollars. I LOVE it! Anyway, so those are my picks :o) Thanks for sharing yours!

carey said...

Thanks for the good review. Man, that straightner looks cool. It can curl too?! I'm so confused, but I want to know more. :)

BTW, glad you weren't really called as the new RS dishwasher....whew!

donna said...

I need to check out the Nano Titanium by Babyliss PRO :)

Amy said...

Thanks for the product review. I'm always wondering what mascara to try next, and have never really settled on one. Maybe now I can - I like the price too.

My must haves are: CHI straightening iron - sounds a lot like yours although i'm not great at using it to curl - I do try.
Lipsense all day lip colour, Pond's clean sweep facial cleansing wipes, and Dipdown Fluidline eye liner from MAC. I also love the make-up brushes and little black leather brush holder by Sonia Kashuk that you can get for pretty cheap at Target.

Andrea said...

I'm with you on the clumpy lashes....I hate when it looks like someone has a tarantula crawling out of their eyelid!

Jamie C. said...

Whenever I see that mascara you love in the store, it totally makes me think of you. I remember the green top and pink tube perfectly in our bathroom at ricks! So funny the things you remember.
I love Dove products. My favorite-Dove exfoliating bar soap. Joe has strict orders to not use that soap on any part of his body but the face. It really worked wonders for me in the past.
Thanks for the curling with the straightening iron tip-I'll give it a try.

Laura said...

I use Maybelline Great Lash Mascara too in Blackest Black and I often get women asking me what I use. I love it! But I too have strayed a couple times just to go back to it. Nothing compares to it.

Megan said...

I am definitely a maybelline kinda gal when it comes to mascara, I hate everything else!