May 12, 2008

Mama's Day!


For sure this was the best Mothers day I've had in a long time!!! I know with little kids the burden falls on your husband to help make your Mothers Day special. Sadly Mikes attitude about the day is that it's for honoring His mother and I'm not his mother so in the past this holiday has been a little lack luster!

But maybe my hugely disappointing Valentines Day sent the message that I want more out of holidays that he simply doesn't believe in... for our relationships sake right!!!!That's not too much to ask! But Mike really pulled through this year and in my book it never takes much money just a little effort!

He helped the girls each pick out a gift for me... with a little guidance! Blue gave me a Vanilla reed air freshener, something I've always wanted to try and Mace gave me this adorable shirt that I love!
Ah yes... HUG a TREE!!!! He finally nailed it! I was so excited to have received something that was actually thought out! Not because I would actually enjoy them but because it showed me that Mike took the day seriously!!! I so fell in love with him all over again!!! He also wrote me an amazing card that melted my heart and really made me feel appreciated!

I was so looking forward to the primary children singing in Church. As they called them all up there Mace started heading up and Blue was in tow... it's better to just let her go instead of have to fight her to stay, but once they both reached the stand Cricket froze, made a 180 and ran back to where we were sitting and screamed " I don't want to go sing!!!" Classic!!! So there stood Blue Bird wondering what she should do! She decided to just go sing by herself!!! We were shocked...she just walked right up there and joined the others and we sat in the congregation so proud staring at her forehead because that's all we could see!!! It was the cutest thing ever!!!

After Church we ate dinner at our good friends Lesa and Ryan's and they so spoiled us! Mike must have thought it was Fathers Day! We had stake and crab legs and strawberry short cake! The perfect ending to a fantastic day!

Yesterday was so wonderful! I was able to just sit and reflect on all the blessing I have been able to experiance because I am a mother! I am in awe of the responsibility Heavenly Father has bestowed upon us and feel often that I fall short. But it's in those moments when my own girls will reaffirm to me that I must be doing something right. I need to cherish this stage in their lives where I seem more like a hero then the bad guy, when a snuggle from mom is all the comfort they need! This really is an amazing job. I love being a mom!

8 comments:

donna said...

I am so glad that you had a perfect mother's day......

Mother's day is the best to sit and reflect on all the blessing, that we all have...



Thanks for sharing your mother's day with us.....

The pictures are way cute:)

Sarah said...

what a great day. Cute pictures. I love hearing the primary sing!

Jess Perry said...

What an awesome day! I am glad you had a good one...you are an awesome mommy!!

Morph This said...

I love you!

AnieCooper said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day! You are a wonderful mother :) Hope you have a great week!

xoxoxo

Blackner Family said...

Happy mothers day!! Glad your husband came through! Holidays are the best!!

Amber H. said...

So that story about your girls just cracked me up!! It's amazing the different personalities kids can have! LOL! I love your tree shirt too, soo cute! I also love the picture with you and your little girls, that will be one to cherish. Don't you love mother's day?

E Winzeler said...

Yeah, a perfect day...we all need those ocassionally to keep us going! Glad your day was wonderful!