May 27, 2008

Weekend High lights....

- Made a total of 5 trips to Home Depot this weekend!!!! Best buy besides a BBQ were these fantastic little Adirondack chairs in the "Oh So colorful" gotta have 'em shades of summer!!!


- Empties an entire truck bed of top soil and made 13 trips with a wheel barrel all in the efforts to make a garden box...still not done!!DARN rain!

- Did a little bedroom Furniture shopping and I must say ...we're getting closer!This little set is the one we are most considering at the moment!
- Had a fun and crazy Surprise when a familiar stranger walked out of Sacrament meeting!! The conversation went a little like this...

Stranger: "Hey! You're Rebecca D."
me: "Yeah! And you look JUST like Melissa! You're her sister!!!"

Gotta love blogging and MC!!!! So Melissa's (MOT) sister and her darling family just moved into our ward!!!SCORE!!! so fun!Can't wait to get to know them better! WELCOME!!!

- Had Josh and Tiffany over for a BBQ on Sunday. The weather decided to shape up and the sun was shinning by the time we sat down to eat! Mike grilled Steak and I cooked corn and garlic homemade fries!
- Capped the night off with an ice cream cone and great conversation on teh new chairs!


- Monday it rained all day but we managed to work on the house. Mike patched dings and dents in the walls and I washed walls! Mike must have reached his limit with me asking and finally gave in on a paint color for the kitchen so we painted last night! Pictures to come. and we finished the weekend off at a cook out at our neighbors!!!


Did any of you see this commercial yesterday!!!It gives me chills and stopped me in my tracks! I love it!!! Sadly it's from a beer company but the message sis so touching!



Hope you all had the best weekend!

One more piece of exciting news!!!! Mike was recently accepted into BYU's MBA graduate program and just decided to attend!! I am so excited and proud of him and the next two years will be different for us!!! I'll officially be a single mom every other Friday and Saturday and some week nights for group work!!! Wish us all luck!

14 comments:

carey said...

LOVE the chairs! And the bedroom set. What a great eye you have. Are you talking about Tara?! You lucky girl! One of these days, I'll make it up to meet both of you gals. I still can't believe I ran into your sister like that last weekend. :-) PS - Way to go on the MBA program, Mike!

Christina said...

That is so exciting about the MBA program, plus Tara in your ward, plus stinking cute chairs. You made great progress this weekend!

Morph This said...

Yeah I can't wait to come sit on em tomorrow... and you forgot to say that the best part is that I get there tomorrow!

donna said...

great chairs and bedroom set!!!!! Way to go MIKE :)!!!!!!!

jeremyandleslie said...

Congrats on the MBA program - is Mike going to continue with his job while he does it? Jeremy is going that route as well but probably the following year so I'll be an MBA widow as well.
Love the new chairs!

michelle said...

Love love love the new chairs! They are so summery looking! :) How exciting for the MBA program!!!

Laura said...

I love that commercial. That was the first time I saw it. It made me teary. I wonder if anyone did that when Nate was at the airport after his deployment. I need to ask. Congrats to Mike. I am going back to school to get my Masters in August!

kori said...

Congrats to Mike. I love the bedroom set-i say get it!

regibells said...

Good luck to Mike that is great...good for you guys! Your chairs are cute and I say go for the bedroom set. At least the bed. I guess I have never been one for "sets" but I love the black furniture.

Elise said...

Great commercial! Great chairs! Great bedroom set! Great for Mike in the MBA program. Great everything! :)

Sarah said...

sounds fun. We thought we were bad going to Home Depot 4 times this weekend! I'm ready to be done with this remodel! cute chairs!

Christina said...

oh funny-there is another christina with no photo--i hope you can figure out who is who here!??!?!

MBA program-fun!! i hope that goes FAST & well for you guys..my BIL just got his last weekend..

cute chairs--i ASSUMED you had painted them yourself!! i almost feel let down knowing you BOUGHT them that way!!

as far as dinner, jon occasionally says it-but maybe im not expecting it UNLESS its an obvious big meal (ie sunday dinners), & as far as anniversaries, before jons accident--i was good at anniversaries but jon was REALLY good at my bday (because he said that i NEVER had to share my bday with anyone-every other holiday or occasion had to be shared-so he really planned things out and went all out for bdays-now it consists of jon calling up kristen to help him out--)

Bryn said...

I loved your weekend re-cap! Looks so busy and fun! Way to go Mike! That is so exciting! I may have to take a little trip over to our local Home Depot...great find!

Hannah said...

I love that bedroom set. I can't wait until I can go bedroom set shopping...