May 4, 2008

It's official...

I'm no longer the one doing the toilet papering....I'm GETTING toilet papered!!!! No better way to feel like a full fledged home owner then to have such a "right of passage" prank pulled!!!!!

Friday night at 11 pm I looked out the window only to see that we had gotten TP'ed! I was so incredibly excited as if I had been apart of it!!! I ran down stairs to get Mike!!! I ended up cleaning it up that night only because we had a busy Saturday ahead of us and I didn't want the embarrassment that went along with all the neighbors driving by and gawking at the long billowing strands of toilet paper hanging from our trees!

For sure it had to be someone from my Sunday School class.Like Mike said..."Who toilet papers us!!!?

So I cleaned it up all the while laughing to myself and remembering all the great TPing jobs we pulled when we were teenagers... all my old friends will attest to the major jobs we did and my brother and Mike were pros!!! But the adult mom in me kicked in and I started to worry that they'd come back and do it again after noticing I cleaned it up. So I went in side, wrote a friendly note and tped it to the door!!!
It was a great weekend for meeting up with old friends. I had a wonderful visit with a dear friend from BYU days , Mayela. I can't tell you how much I adore this girl. She is incredible and it was like time never pased when we got together after 5 years of not seeing each other! She told me not to post this picture but look how beautiful she looks.I swear she never aged... she actually looks younger and more incredible. You'd never guess she's had 6 kids!!!

Then this afternoon Christina came by!!! It was so great to see her. And yes...she is as beautiful and tall and thin as you all picture her to be! It was great getting caught up and hearing about her amazing family. I really admire you Christina! Next year I'll have to venture out with you to the blog party...sounded like a blast! And know that I always have a place for you to stay!!!

We just bought a digital SLR and I think we'll pick it up tomorrow! I can't wait! My husband is a great researcher when it comes to any purchase especially electronic so I just nod my head and say yes dear! It's a SONY Alpha 200... these Asian women seem to think it's a pretty great camera too.Can't wait to get it and see what great pictures I can take!!! Maybe my girls will see the fanciness of the new camera and actually smile or look cute!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

10 comments:

Amy said...

I love your "thanks for toilet papering us, but please don't do it again sign." That picture of you and Mayela is awesome. Mayela looks amazing and you look amazing too! I wish I could have gotten up there to see you guys. I really want to go to women's cnference next year. I hope Mayela will come again and maybe Sarah and Shireen and anyone one else of the good old BYU days - are you reading this guys - lets make a plan!!!

Blackner Family said...

Oh my goodness!! Love the toliet paper!! That was so much fun TPing people! I am so glad people still do it! I can't wait to take Baylee!!

michelle said...

Ohh the joys of toilet papering! I had to smile at your note you left your visitors. :)


How fun to be able to see friends this weekend! I too, would have loved to have attended the blog party! Maybe next year! :)

Hannah said...

You want to know something sad? I have NEVER been toilet papering and I feel that I am past the age that I could still do it. Sigh...

Josh, Kim & Kids said...

You will love your new camera. So much easier to catch quick shots.

Amber H. said...

Oh my, that was so funny to see you got TPd! I remember doing that when I was a kid. I loved your note and your handwriting is so cute! And how fun to see Mayella! I haven't seen her in years, so it was fun to see her again . Tell her I said hi if you see her again! I'd love to see pics of her and her kids! Too fun :o) Can't wait to see pics with your new camera!

donna said...

How fun that you got to see Christina . You both look like so cute..



Wow TP. It has been a long time since i was TP.......

Andrea said...

You and Christina are too cute! Your sign was adorable.

Jamie C. said...

I can't believe you got TP. That is so funny! And that it was done before 11! That's even more funny. Congrats on the new camera. Can't wait to see the results!

E Winzeler said...

Toilet papered!?!?! I love it! We used to turn on the sprinklers when our job was finished just to make it a little more messy :)!!! YOu are loved!!!