May 11, 2007

TGIF

Yesterday before I got that bad news I happened to be inspired. I was writing in my journal about how unmotivated I was and the simple fact that I wrote it down and admitted it made me want to do better. So I attacked the girls rooms. I broke down the crib and rearranged the whole layout. I organized the closed and rehung shelves and pictures. I really love how it looks and Blue has her mattress on the floor next to her sister. We planned on getting a trundle bed for the girls but I decided yesterday to hold off on any new bedroom furniture until we move... I just want to buy the right stuff for the right room. Blue wasn't thrilled to not have her crib but she warmed up to the idea by bed time.

Last night was tough. I was just so broken hearted for my friend. All I could think about was her pain and the kids and the future that was ahead of them. I could picture years ands years down the road and the boys saying things like " My dad dies when I was 9... my dad passed away while I was on my mission..." it just breaks my heart! I think I'll go over there today and just offer to do something. Maybe something to help out with the service or just stock their pantry and fridge.

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I kept going back and forth between their loss and imagining happening to me. I Kept leaning over and touching Mike to make sure he was there. Life really is preciouses and I hate that it takes times like this to really drive it home.

We all need to be more aware of how blessed we are to have each and every day here on earth. Even with the knowledge that we will be together again, at times it does little to comfort an aching heart and spirit. HF plan is a perfect plan but it doesn't come without pain and trials.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I know how awkward times like this are. I just pray that whatever it is I end up doing is the right thing!

No comments: