May 22, 2007

The big something iin my life...

So I have been keeping my mouth shut for the last week but I can no more! We got some possible exciting news in our family. We MAY have an opportunity to move to SLC!!! There is an opening in the Salt lake office and my husband and I have always considered moving to Utah. We passed up this same chance about 9 months ago and here it has presented itself again. We are going through the steps. Mike is going to talk to his boss here today to let him know he is interested in looking out of state. The next step will be for him to fly out and meet the office and interview. There is one other person interested in the position but she is outside of the bank and the regional boss has already told Mike he would prefer to hire from within.

So We have so much on our minds! I have had the worst sleep ever! Imagine having all sorts of emotions all at once! I am so thrilled yet scared, sad and worried all at the same time. This process would go really fast and we could be out there as early as the beginning of July! I am heart broken to possibly have to leave my sister and her little girl who will be born next month. I am sad to leave the area I adore so much. I'll miss so many people and places but I can't tell you how I have longed to live in a home that will offer my family a future of predictability, lasting relationships and roots! Utah can give us that! We can have a comfortable life and invest in our future.

I just hope it will work out. We feel strongly that this is a good time and opportunity for us to really pursue right now. We know it's a big leap of faith. We have put our trust in Heavenly Father to help us feel the confirmation needed to look into this. I know there is that possibility that this isn't going to work out. It has already been a learning experience. I have learned that we can't have all our ducks in a row all of the time. Uncertainty is ok. It's an adventure to walk blindly into the future when you have faith. Being stretched and taken out of your comfort zone is sometimes our personal refiners fire.

I have so much to look forward to. I am most excited to bloom were I am planted. I love new situations like this.I love meeting new people, falling in love with a ward and diving in feet first to new surroundings. And I won't lie.. I can't wait to buy a home! It has been a long time coming. I know it will be an emotional event for me. I feel that home ownership is a huge blessing.

I've been emailing and talking to Melissa. She was been a huge help when it comes to learning more about the area and considering renting at first. We need to get a feel for the areas before we buy!

Any way... this is whats been on my mind. Cross your fingers for us. Regardless of what happens I feel blessed to have a loving partner who is looking out for our family. This has brought us closer together and I just want what's best for our family right now!

16 comments:

donna said...

OH that is great news. You will love living in SLC and you will only be about 12 hours for ME!!! Come helps me with my new house :)


I hope everything works out for and your family. Keep us update girl. I will email you today. Yes we need to talk G friend :)

Andrea said...

This is so exciting! I can't believe what a great opportunity it would be for your family! How sad to leave your home though, and the fam, and the beach! LOL...Keep us posted!

Matt said...

How exciting! I loved living in Utah, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hannah said...

Exciting!! I love living in Utah! Although...moving away from family would be hard, I am sure you will love SLC!

kristin said...

what an exciting prospect! Isn't it amazing how the Lord leads us in our lives in the big and the little ways!

I love what you wrote: "I am most excited to bloom where I am planted." I was given that advice a few years ago by a wise woman, and it is just about the best advice I have ever heard.

Good luck in the big decisions ahead of you. :D kristin (kiwi_spice)

AnieCooper said...

Hey Becca! Wow...SLC! I know how difficult of a decision this has to be, but also how exciting it would be too. I know whatever is meant to be will happen. I pray that you guys are offered this opportunity that you want so desperately. I can't believe it is possible that you won't be around when Julie comes to town for our get togethers :( Now we will just have to do another get together when your in town :) Please let me know what happens! I love ya!

Sarah said...

How exciting! that is scarey though too! It would be so hard to leave your sister and brand new niece! You have to do what is best for your family! you have great faith. I'm excited for whatever happens for you guys.

the bates motel said...

wow! that is sooo exciting good luck! you have a great attitude about the whole thing!

Nettie! said...

Whether you stay or go, I'm sure it will be the right thing for you and your family! Heavenly Father always puts us where we should be if that's our desire! I can't wait to find out!

Morph This said...

I can't even read the words "We might move to SLC" without crying. You could have done this a year ago when I wasn't so hormonal. We are so happy for you guys. I still want you to stay though.

Megan said...

Oh Rebecca! I am so excited for you guys! What a neat opportunity! I can understand how you are feeling though, there is a lot to think about, this would be life changing! Good luck with whatever you guys decide! I'm just sad that if you do end up out here, we'll be gone! :(

carey said...

How exciting!!! I love SLC.... keep us posted, ok?!

Amy said...

OK ..I have been going to your OLD blog, and couldn't figure out why you haven't updated in forever! I think this is a GREAT opportunity for you guys! Your own home! I hope all goes well for you guys and that you get everything that you want! You deserve it!

michelle said...

I am behind with checking blogs! Ohh my! I am so excited for you! I'll give you a call later this morning!

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting. I hope everything works out for your family.

Laura said...

Soo exciting rebecca!! Thats great! You have the BEST attitude about things! I know the Lord will bless you in whatever journey you take!