May 19, 2007

Checking in!

Yesterday was a very long day! I went to the funeral service of the gentleman from my ward. It was a beautiful service. I then stayed and helped serve lunch to 300 people!!!!! I was on my feet in heels for hours so that was no fun. I started getting back spasms But it was noting an Aspirin couldn't fix. Oh Andrea... I meet a few people from your home town who were there. The guy who passed his sister and her friend Teresa. I forgot the others girl name. Teresa said she owns the truck stop and gas station, not the Chevron! Does that ring a bell? Crazy huh!!!

Last night we made it to my home Stakes 30 year Reunion. it was great to see so many old friends. I have been out of that stake for about 9 years. the food was super and they had a magic show that I was called up to be an assistant but I still have no clue how he did it!!!

My mom is in town today. She came down for my sisters baby shower. My girls are loving it!!! They woke up and there she was sleeping in their room. I could hear them giggling all morning. It's been so great having her visit!

I forgot to mention the other day that I got some great news. Many of you might remember that I love to write. Well months ago I submitted some articles to MC to be considered as a contributing writer. Well months and months went by and I never heard anything. Finally I sent an email just asking if they had gone over them and finally I heard back. I was told that they were going to run the articles I wrote!!!!! They are waiting for the right time to run them but I was shocked. I thought the articles I was submitting was just for them to get a feel for my writing style and details. They liked them so much they want to run them and she asked if I was interested in writing more...HELLO!!!!!! I was so thrilled. I really want to get in a better habbit of writing more and loving it and I hope this will help!

Well that's about all. I am off to the shower!!!

8 comments:

donna said...

Congrats Rebecca, that is great. I am so happy for you. Keep us updated.
How fun to have your mother in town. Where is she from?


I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend :)

Andrea said...

Rebecca, that's crazy...Yeah, we eat from their restaurant all the time! LOL. Small world for sure...So it was her relative then or just a friend? I wonder who the other one was. Weird! I'm glad that the service went well...So fun to have your mom in town!

Andrea said...

Forgot to add, that's awesome about the articles! I can't wait to see them!

AnieCooper said...

That is awesome Becca! Keep me posted on how the writing goes! Tell your mom hi! I bet the girls are so excited to have her around. I hope you will post some pics from Jenny's shower. Jamie is really starting to show...she is too cute! Oh Julie will be in town June 29-July 3rd we are going to get together, as usual...are you going to be around during those days??? Let me know :) Talk to you soon. Love ya!

carey said...

Hey, that is reallllly cool news about writing for MC!!! WOO HOO!!! When can I read it? You'll have to keep us posted. Sorry to hear you had a funeral over the weekend though.... :(

michelle said...

YIIPPEEE SSSKKIIIPPEE!!!!! How fun that your articles are going to be shared for others to read! I am proud of you!

Sarah said...

awesome becca! that is so great. I'm sure you will be such a great writer. and how fun for your mom to be there. have fun at the shower.

Nettie! said...

Congratulations! So, what's MC?!