May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend





We had the best time This weekend! We ended up in Indio, just outside of Palm Springs with Mikes side of the family! We all just love getting together. The house was super great and we spent the majority of our time in the pool!

One of the nights Jason had a Murder Mystery planed that was a huge hit!!!We through a baby shower for Jason and Megan and made J eat baby food! Hilarious! We also played a game where the guys were blind folded and had to feel the girls body parts i.e. foot, arms, hands, legs.. and find their spouse. It was so funny!

Each day we had a devotional and on Sunday held our own Church and shared some really great time together. We watched home videos and just really enjoyed being together. Hopefully next year we can get Scott and his family to join us.

It was such a great weekend. The only mishap was when Molly got stung by a bee! She was tough and so cute showing everyone her finger!

A huge thanks to Dean and Diane for a wonderful weekend.Thanks everyone for coming so far!

I'd also like to take the time to express my gratitude to all the countless service men and woman who protect this country I love so dearly. I have a special love for service men and woman. My family and I will forever be indebted to you for the sacrifices you make everyday.I am proud to be an American and I give thanks daily for the freedoms we all enjoy because of you!

9 comments:

donna said...

I know where Indio is. I lived in P.S. for about 5 months before we moved to Beaumont for 3 years.

Sounds like you had a great family time this weekend. So sorry about Molly getting stung by a bee. I how SAD :)

The pool looks so wonderful :) Your dream was so funny. You can move next to me anytime and you will need to come for a visit girl.

carey said...

Such cute pics, Rebecca! I know where Indio is too!!! I used to spend my summers just right up the mountain at a place called Idlewild (went to the music camp there to study piano).

That pool is gorgeous!!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I need to copy and paste this entry of yours to my blog! It was a great weekend- I miss everyone already!

AnieCooper said...

The pics of the girls are too cute Becca! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

Wish Mike luck for Thursday! Can't wait to hear how it goes ;) Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

to be out and swimming all day...that sounds like heaven to me. it was a bit on the chilly side here. Looks like your weekend was super fun.

michelle said...

It looks like everyone had a wonderful time! Isn't spedning time with family wonderful!

sarah ann said...

Hey Girl! Your girls are so cute! It looks like you had fun!!

Matt said...

Hey, I used to live in Redlands and loved that area! Sounds like a fun shower and the pool pictures are adorable!

Andrea said...

Your post sounds like you had a great weekend! I have never been there. Cynthia mentioning Redlands reminds me, when we were seniors Jeremy was offered a football scholarship at Redlands University, dang, maybe he should've taken it if it's that nice of a place lol. I love Blue's art work. Cute.