May 9, 2007

Retail Therapy!!!

Thanks for all your well wishes! It's not that bad i swear... i'm just not myself 100% but I'm so ok!!! Last nights enrichment night was almost a joke! Honestly!!! Why was I stressing so much!!! I was asked to make up 4 commercials for our activity. They were playing the price is right. It was like performing in front of blind and deaf people. I thought they were totally funny and we did the first one and I swear you could hear crickets! Blank stares and not any reaction! I was like " OK!! Whatever!" The next 3 commercials went over pretty much the same but I was in a better mood because I just stopped caring and was more so making fun of the fact that I worked so hard on all of them just to get the ho hum reaction we were getting! My girlfriend and I who was doing it with me could barely stop laughing after each commercial due to the lack of response! HaHaha oh well...lesson in all this!!!!....Say NO next time they ask me to do anything!!!! and don't stress out about stuff no one else will care about!


Today I went to breakfast with some girlfriends... I always regret ordering breakfast! I then ended up at Wal Mart. It has been so long. I had a little retail therapy. I just picked up a few things for ME!!!

Last night I read through my journal I kept while Mike was on a mission. It was so crazy to read. I spanned the whole two years of his mission and into our engagement! I was so in love with him! I love reading it and being reminded how head over heals in love I was with him. I honestly thought the world would end if we didn't end up together! So many of those dreams have come true and I feel so incredible blessed and lucky to be where I am today! I bought a new journal today to get back into it! I love reading over that special time in my life. I hope I can keep it up.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Aw...glad you got to go get some stuff for yourself! I love doing that, even if it is just face wash or something! I'm jealous you have all those memories in your journal! I didn't write in mine the whole time J and I were dating, not that it was that long, but I really regret not writing things down! It's crazy how those feelings just come flooding back when you read about them! You've inspired me to get going on a journal again, especially since I am pregnant, I want to remember all the feelings I am having! THANKS!

michelle said...

It was so good to talk to you this afternoon. I hope I didn't talk your ear off! :) I am glad today is a better day. I think that sometimes we get so darn busy that it is hard on us. I am so glad to read that you went to breakfast, and shopping this morning. Sometimes it just feels good to do something for ourselves.

Andrea said...

Glad to hear that you got a few things just for you! I wish I would've kept all of the notes and things that Jeremy and I wrote eachother...It's so fun to think back to the dating years...

donna said...

Wow breakfast with a friend and shopping, how fun. That sounds like a day that i would love :)

I am glad today is a BETTER day my friend.
Be HAPPY! Big hugs Donna

carey said...

Glad you are feeling better! :) Retail therapy is a fabulous thing...everyone needs it, whether it be a new outfit or something small at Wal-Mart. In fact, I'm needing a little of that myself!