Oct 16, 2007

Tuesday oh Tuesday...

I sit here writing with the constant whine of a toddler at my heels. she's convinced herself life would be better with a baby bib on and wearing her shoes on the wrong feet! She must feel her birthday quickly approaching and this is her way of resisting!

But undeterred, here I write! ( it's become more of a song now! and now she's making carpet angels!)

Anyone else loving this weather...I almost think if I looked out the window I'd see Eore saunter by! Wouldn't that be cool! Gloomy skies and drizzly = the perfect cozy evening! I'm making beef stew and warm biscuits! mmmmm! A perfect fall meal!

I had a wonderful day today. I met up with two girlfriends for lunch and just loved the relaxed time we spent visiting. McDonald's play land is the best place for kids I am convinced! I'll be a regular once the weather keeps us indoors!

The girls had Macall and Kellie over for a short play date! We painted fall leaves and listened to silly music. It's times like these I can affectionately admire my daughters. Lost in the moments of childhood. Excited over the smallest of things! As innocent as they come! I was having one of those Norman Rockwell moments. I pictured this young set of friends growing up together and sharing all the memories little girls share! It was a moment I wish I could have captured forever for them when life was so easy and simple.

What is one of your fondest childhood memeories? I think we forget to recall them and why don't we? They always seem to bring a smile to our faces!


What pops into my head was a time when my girlfriends and I got into a lot of trouble! we must have been about 10. We found in the road huge chucks of blocked ice...they must have fallen out of someones truck.We're still not sure why they were there and who's great idea it was but anyway... We got the clever idea to paint them! I know!!!! There we were in front of Starlas house on the sidewalk painting ice in lime green paint we found in her garage! Well the Sun was doing it's job and so was ice and it proceeded to melt and in the end we ended up painting the side walk! Starlas Step dad came home and that's when it hit the fan as they say! We spent the rest of the evening scrubbing the paint off and it still didn't all disappear! I think the best part about that day was that we were all together... getting in trouble yes but there we were, the four best friends all in it together!

11 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh thinking of Molly doing her "carpet angel fit throwing" lol. Too funny. So funny about painting the sidewalk.

Christina said...

becca "busted a tantrum" in rite-aid-so i busted out there...in my true CALM dont mess with me anyone!! GEESH!

it's fun to get lost in childhood land with my girls--then sadly it gets too boring!

my parents were freaks about NOT letting us play outside for fear of the "kid snatcher" so we spent all our lives with just the 4 of us siblings..so i have memories of that..

AnieCooper said...

Oh the visual of Molly is too funny! Sorry...I guess I can say that since I don't have a toddler doing that ;)

My fondest childhood memory..well i have so many, but most of them involve my lil sis Jamie and my aunt that is younger than me Krissy and my cousin Josh. We spent a lot of time with family, so those are my fondest memories.

Hannah said...

Cute post. Your sidewalk story was so funny!! I love it!

Matt said...

Don't you just love the many moods of children?! Carpet angels are a must when throwing the proper fit. Loved the story of the great ice caper!

Jamie C. said...

I love when kids make up songs...today's song involved singing into a maraca about having to go potty. Love it!
I have no idea why this memory popped into my head, but it's what you get. A boy my age grew up across the street, a popular kid you might say. I was trying to be "cool" one day with my girlfriends when I flipped him off. We were probably 8 or something. As I proudly turned around to give my girls high-five for my coolness I saw my dad standing there with his arms folded across his chest. My dad is scary. Scary, scary. Funny thing though, I don't remember getting into trouble. Truth be told he was probably happier to see me do that than show any signs of affection towards the boy!

donna said...

Beet stew YUMMY!!! I am on my way :)


I also like wearing a baby bib on and wearing my shoes on the wrong feet! Whats wrong with that ? heeheehee

donna said...

So srooy

BEEF STEW :)

Sarah said...

The visual of Molly is making me laugh! Carpet angels! gotta love those 2 year olds! isn't it funny the things we did when we were kids.

Jess Perry said...

You have the best posts!! And the other day was fun! I am excited for Friday and I agree...I love the weather too lately!

Bryn said...

What a fun post to read!! Wait until I unleash my "Bath" song for the world to hear. It wasn't even Dax who made it up, but his freak show mother! :)