Oct 8, 2007

let the vacation begin!!!!

Not everyone is as excited as I am when their husbands go out of town but I have to admit I am pretty thrilled this time! Only because I had company all last week and my house is a sty and I have no intention of doing much about it over the next two days!!! Ok!! It's not that bad but you better believe I'm not going to scrub and polish for the next little while!Mikes gone till Wednesday so that to me says VACATION all over it! And perfect timing because I started the Stephanie Meyer Book Twilight and it keeps me up at night leaving my with little enthusiasm to do anything more then turn pages and try to figure out what all the fuss is all about with this series. To be honest I haven't figured it out yet and I'm 300 pages deep.

Another confession... Probably won't be cooking for the next few night! It's already started...This morning I threw frozen waffles at the kiddlets and they were happy to gnaw on their "frozen" yes still frozen breakfast. this isn't just an example of my poor parenting skills. This is how they usually request them when I give them the chose of cooked or frozen so hang up the phone in your attempt to call social services!

And ah... yes it's 11 am and my kids are still undressed and lovin it! The only reason I'm even showered and dressed is because my mom called and is planning a visit with my aunt from out of town! Darn her!!!Now I feel the pressure to clean a little! Arrrg!!!There goes my vacation. Oh well maybe if I do it now I can make it last a few days! NOT!!! Ok that was funny... Who uses the "NOT" come back any more!? I apologize!!!

Why is it that when My hubby is gone I get this incredible urge to go shopping? I have a few stores in Orem I am dying to visit so I think I"ll make the treck around the mountain and see what I can find!

I found two amazing pieces of furniture this weekend. My new favorite store Home Again opened shop closer to my house and I was there with bells on on opening day! I picked up an entry table and a kitchen " station' sort of piece that replaced that last table I got that arrived busted! Anyway... once I move it in the house I'll post pictures! We need to put some protective thing on the bottoms to protect the hard woods!

Ok... I have so rambled long enough!

10 comments:

Morph This said...

Sorry I left your house a mess.. oh I wish I could go shopping with you. I don't feel like a week is long enough. I miss you guys already. Ughg.

donna said...

I have a hard time sleeping when Ryan is out of town. So i stay up late and watch movies and eat. Not good.


Enjoy shopping and hanging out with Michelle. :)

Matt said...

have a great vacation! I love it when I get to stay in jammies and forget about being in charge. ENJOY!

AnieCooper said...

I hope you enjoy your few days!!! How was your time with Boo and Emmy?!!? Hope you had a wonderful visit!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i love lazy "no husband" days! I dont like it when he's gone for a long time, but an overnighter or 2 nights is always nice- no pressure to don anything!

why dont you call me so we can chat sometime?!

Christina said...

oh girl-i just love you and im busting a GUT over here!! oh shoot-now my gut hurts--having 4 kids makes my gut HUGE and there's NOTHING IN THERE!?!? why do i still look 4 months preggers all the time!??!?!

sweet-i feel the same way when the man leaves the house for a few days-i feel like wife/mommyhood things leave for a few days too--and why not right!?

i DO NOT get what the fuss is with the twilight series either!??! im only 60 pages in-so if your 300-i think i'll give them back!! !HELLO!

okay and the hair thing-FOR REALS?!?! extension clip ins?!?! are you joking me?!?!? i love that!! i actually got that same iron for xmas 2 years ago-but i think my barrell is smaller..i'll go check the site-i use that iron on my girls hair..my sister got it at the OC swap meet-that place rocks huh!

Laura said...

Too funny, I always feel the need to shop whenJeremy's away too! It really is a mini-vacation..although only fun when short-lived. Have fun!!!

Brandi said...

lol sounds like your weekend and now your week is a blast..frozen waffels? that is kinda wierd. but hey, works,less mess...sounds good maybe I'll try it. :)

Amber H. said...

K, so where did Mike go out of town? What exactly is his job anyway? I know something to do with business, but I really have no clue! Josh keeps asking me, what does he do? I just shrug my shoulders! Good luck with him being gone too...man, I'm jealous that you get to go furniture shopping! That is one of my FAVORITE past times! Can't wait to see the pics!

Anonymous said...

You are so dang cute! I love reading your blog your hilarious!