Oct 11, 2007

Horrible news

I was just told that a girl from my husbands home ward at home was murdered this week. She was my sister in laws long time childhood friend. The family is a pillar in the community and ward with the father serving as bishop right now. My heart is broken for her and the family! I feel so numb over the news. The boyfriend responsible is under custody and has confessed. I feel incredibly sad and worried for this family for the long drawn out process a trial will add to the already devastating state they must be in. This sweet girl was the oldest of 6 girls. I picture losing my sister and my world would simply stop. Oh I can not imagine.

I worry for my sister in law and just want her know how much I love her and wish I could take away her pain and sorrow. I too lost a best friend to murder at a very young age and so easily all those emotions flood me know as I know exactly what she is going through. Please remember these sweet friends in your thoughts and prayers.

13 comments:

donna said...

Oh becca i am so sorry. That just breaks my heart.

Jess Perry said...

I am so sorry to hear that!! Of course they will be remembered in our prayers.

The Mann Family said...

I also grew up with this family as we were in the same ward before they moved. They are the nicest people around and I cannot imagine what they must be going through. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the whole family.

Blackner Family said...

How horrible. I will be sure to keep them all in prayers!

Christina said...

oh my goodness--how terribly sad..

Sarah said...

That is sooo horrible. i'm so sorry.

Andrea said...

Oh, that's so sad!

Laura said...

That is SO sad and scary. Im so sorry!

AnieCooper said...

Becca...I am so sorry! The first thing I thought of when I read this was Mary...:( There just aren't words. I am truly sorry! xoxo

carey said...

Ugh, that really is awful news, Rebecca. I'm sorry! I will keep this family in my prayers.

regibells said...

I just heard this news from my brother who was also friends with her. Such aweful news and shocking that this could even happen. My heart goes out to their poor family who is probably hurting so bad right now. I remember all that stuff with your friend Mary too. So sad and reminds us of how precious life is.

... said...

Becca, my daughter, Kiera found you and sent me to your site. There is a memories collection in process for Alicia, and I would like to get you in touch with that, but trying to find a way to write to you privately. I don't want to post my email here (this is KC, Kiera's mom). Wait, I may have your mom's email address, maybe she can forward something for you.

Reena said...

I too am keeping the Johnson Family in my prayers. It has hit very close to home. When Pickle told me all I thought about was Bro. and Sis. Johnson having to get the news. It brings back such sad memories...
I was told they will have Alicia holding her unborn 4 1/2 month old baby in her arms when they are buried. I will forward the email Pickle sent ASAP.

I love you soooo much!

MOM