Oct 8, 2007

Smells like...

CRAP!!!! So does anyone else think Parmesan Cheese smells like a diaper in desperate need of being changed and destroyed? Ugg! I swear i was going crazy! I changed Blues diaper and sent her on her Merry way! Latter I walked in to the living room and looked at her all suspicious as if she saved some more for me. I checked her...nothing. Thanks Blue! But then I smelled it again and again! That's not a smell you can easily ignore...trust me. I try all to often to "pretend" I 'm not noticing it as I finish a chapter or send off am email ... ok... or blog.... or watch the Bachelor....or get on MC! Yikes I know!

Anyway... It taunted me so I went on the hunt! Not the sort of hunt I enjoy! Now I'll be the first to hunt for a bargain or a cookie when I'm starving for a treat... but for the smelly crap culprit!!! Not on a regular day! I looked every where. No surprises!

Finally I found the source! Mace had spilled Parmesan Cheese on the table and left it there and when I passed it the small attacked me! So gross!!!! Sorry if I forever ruined the joys of a parme' sprinkle over pasta for ya!!!

Years ago I had to give up Rolled Gold Pretzels because they reminded me of the smell of the Elderly. I'll leave it at that with only the extra tid bit that I was a CNA at A Convalescent Hospital! Think of the absolute worst job a nurse has to do but you never see her doing them... oh yeah... that's because her CNA is stuck doing them. Te Da!!! No more Pretzels for me!

So... maybe just maybe today I ruined Parmesan as well. Darn it!

18 comments:

carey said...

HA! It totally stinks!!! :) My brother (great conissuer -sp?) of cheese....once took a fancy block of parmesan into a movie theatre to snack on (yes, I'm serious). He heard so many people asking what "that awful smell was?"

donna said...

WOW!!!!! never realized that before..
Have a great DAY!

Andrea said...

Parm does stink, for sure. Poor Mol, lol, she was totally innocent in the whole thing!

Megan said...

I used to make noodles with parmesan cheese and butter at work, everyone who came into the break room while I was making it would always say "what stinks" and I would proceed to tell them MY LUNCH!!! Yes, it is smelly, but SO tasty!

Jess Perry said...

It does stink, but I love the taste. Why is cheese so stinky? I don't get it. I once heard that the worse it stinks the better it tastes...I find that hard to believe!!

Amber H. said...

I agree, it does smell, but YUM! I am a huge cheese lover, so don't worry, you didn't ruin anything for me! I totally understand about relating smells to things though...that's why I can't eat Cheerios...they totally smell like urine. YUCK! Anyway, this was a funny one! You always crack me up :o)

Matt said...

stinky but ohhhh so good!

Christina said...

that is classic about the parm cheese..who knew!!

im SO like you and choose to ignore things that should be taken care off--like diapers!! oh well...

HELLO i AM the CNA doing what you talk about..dangt did you just ruin pretzels for me now?!?!?!

Morph This said...

sick

sarah ann said...

It stinks, I agree. Umm, thanks for ruinging the pretzels for me! Ha ha :) Ewww, it makes me think of that now too though. Ha ha :) Can't wait to see you and your girls!

Jamie C. said...

This post made me laugh Becca, you are so funny. I can totally hear you saying "CRAP" I'm happy I still have flashbacks to Ricks!

michelle said...

eeewwwyy! I agree it does stink! I am glad you found the smell! Nothing makes me more crazy than hunting for the smell!!! :) See you this afternoon!!!!!!!!! YIPEEEEE SKIPEEEE!!!!!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

hmm, never thought of this before, but now i may look at it differently!

you did ruin rold golds for me- i still cant look at a bag without thinking of bed pans!

(its funny that you brought that up because i was just thinking about it yesterday!)

Sarah said...

ROFL!!!!!! That was totally hilarious. It does smell like crap. especially the real stuff like in a block of cheese. you described it so well i was almost barfing over here with my pregnant sense of smell! lol.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

For the record, we had spaghetti last night at my moms and when my brother was putting on the parm cheese, i asked him if it smelled like crap and it started a big conversation about poo at the dinner table!

It does stink, but I used some anyway- rold golds might be ruined, but I am not letting your stories ruin something else for me!

Anonymous said...

Hey I think Parmesan chees steaks at pizza hut. Does that count? lol andof course you can link my blog to yours. It is private so it doesn't bother me. :)

Melissa E Photography said...

HAHA!! It sounds like you've got quite the nose. It's like being pregnant all the time!

Laura said...

You crack me up. What about hard boiled eggs??! the smell...EEWWW!!!!!!!