Jan 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!!!!!

WHAT!!!A post about the New Year on New Years day!!!What the heck! I must be smokin' somethin'! It really must be the new year! I have been such a blogger slacker! Oops!That's what a whole lot of fun can do to ya!

Well Happy New year folks! I can not tell you how much I love a new year! I am one of those people that thrive on goals and lists and starting a new so New Years Day is like my own version of a Super Bowl!!!! I love to clean, think and reflect! Plan, make lists and gear up for the days weeks and months ahead!

Last night we rang in the New Year by having family and Friends over! My in laws were already here and Jason and Erin joined us for yummy meat balls for dinner and games! Does anyone else love Catch Phrase as much as I do!!!!??? Holy cow that's a great game! It helps that he crowd was all sarcastic and mature! I hole nothing back when it comes to getting my team to guess the right word!
It was a great night!Sadly this morning we had to say good bye to Rob and Steph! I have to admit I held back the tears! I just hate saying Good Bye! I just love those guys!Thanks for a great visit! Steph left me a beautiful Friendship gift that I just love!

Ok.... I ment to give Steph the Pretzel Recipe before she left but why not share it with all of you too!!!!Eat up Christina!

Pennsylvania Dutch Soft Pretzels


3-3 1/2 cups Flour
1 pkg dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups warm water

3 tablespoons baking soda
Coarse Sea salt

Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast in mixing bowl. Mix in warm water until all blended. Slowly add remaining flour until it is all combined and dough easily leaves the sides of the bowl.

Knead dough until smooth, about 5 min. Cover dough with towel and let rise in a warm place for 45 min.

Take tangerine size portions and roll out to create Pretzel shape. Get fancy and try to flip and spin it like those Crazy Mall Pretzel makers!!It's way fun!!! Oh and flour your counter so it doesn't stick. Make all the Pretzels before going to next step!



You can set aside to let rise for an additional 30 min. but I just went on to the next step...

Preheat oven to 400. In large skillet bring to boil 1 quart water and 3 tablespoons baking soda! Place pretzels in water bath two to three at a time. : simmer 20 seconds making sure to slash the top with bath as well... no need to flip.

Place "bathed"( funny huh!!!) pretzeles on well gressed and floured cookie sheet 2 in. apart. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake for about 15 min. or until golden.

I leave half mine un salted and after baking brush with melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on them. The others I have to dip in cheese sauce!

Te Da!!!! Yummy and impressive home made Pretzels!!!! I made a double batch but just did each single batch on it's own. I hate mixing all that flour so in stead of one huge doubled batch I do two single batches!


One last thing....I added three new items to Blue Cricket Designs collection!!!BE sure to take a look at new Clippies and my Greeting Cards!

Ok chicas! I'm out!

7 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

wow, you are on top of it- blogging all this so soon! And great descriptions of the new clips, I may have to plagiarize a little!

Andrea said...

Glad you had a good time! Sorry you had to say your goodbyes! That's hard!

Christina said...

oh rock on for the recipe!! so making those!!!

catch a phrase is SO FUN!! im SO good at that game!!!

fun to have family/friends over for the new year--we watched the ball drop-leaned over for a kiss and went to bed-SO SAD! hahha

donna said...

What a fun night you all had. Your house looks great!!!!
Thanks for the yummy recipe ;)!

michelle said...

It sounds like you had such a wonderful time with your family! I too don't like goodbyes. How fun that Stephanie, and her family were able to visit you! :)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

K, i remember talking to you about the Look What I Did Vinyl, but I totally spaced it when I got the email from you, I didnt even see it. When you asked me about it, the thought sounded familiar (probably from our conversation on the phone) but with all the vinyl I did the week before Christmas, I couldnt remember doing it. So i just pulled up the email again and sure enough, there is the description towards the end! SO SORRY! If you want, I could mail it to you, but I didnt realize how long it was, so i am not sure the best way to do that- I am sure Rob could figure it out, I just dont know how much it would cost! The vinyl itself would cost $10- is it still something you wanted? I cant believe I looked over this! I thought I was doing pretty good staying on top of it all!

E Winzeler said...

Thanks for such a fun night Becca! I would agree, you hold nothing back when it comes to catch phrase, which is good, cause we did beat the boys! The pretzels look yummy! Can you just sell those too? That would be so much easier. Thanks for the meatball experience!