Jan 4, 2008

Read YESTERDAYS post first if you haven't already!!!!

So yeah... That's a shattered shower! Not Sure why blogger pooped out on me yesterday but I had way more to say after posting that last picture but it never posted!

Shannons comment pretty much coins it perfectly " What the FA!"

The cleaning lady came to me all wide eyed and scared and showed me the shower! My bathroom looks like an "Urban Outfitters" store front! The first thing she said was "I'll pay for it!" DANG right woman!

I did feel bad for here. It must have just made her heart sink when it happened! Honestly, I have cleaned that shower how many times and I had yet to hear a creek, pop or whine from any of it's walls! Oh well, accidents happen. As long as she replaces it I'm cool!

So she was here for 2 hours and only managed to clean the upstairs.. and not very good! But I'll get back to that!

She was over an hour late so when I only had an hours window to get ready in I just had her stop. She really was a nice lady! We had some great conversations and I felt like I really looked passed the broken shower and enjoyed the experiance! That was until I made my first carnal mistake and payed her before inspecting her work. Right after I handed her a check she says "Oh I need to show you one more thing in the bathroom. And this is what I found...
Lovely! A clogged sink!

Then after she leaves I start noticing all the other things that went a rye on this Cleaning adventure! Not one but two clog sinks! This one included a busted garbage disposal!

A horribly steaky mirror

And the list goes on....

She failed to scrub the sink fictrures
clean the fronts of the oven and dishwasher
clean the inside of the microwave!(the one appliance I asked her to clean the inside of)
Get he bottom of the toilets clean
She did mop but now I have cloudy floors because I think she used her mop instead of the one I asked her to use!

Oh... And I came up stairs and found that she left her wet rag mop leaning against the wall face down ON MY CARPET right next to my mop I asked her to used to mop the hard woods also face down with cleaning product on it! And She put my rugs back on the hard wood floor while they were still sopping wet. Thankfully I found them that way right after she left so I was able to quickly take them off, towel dry the floor and fix it before the water warped my floors!
What the FA!!!!! Seriously!This is what I was dealing with yesterday! I so could have done all that she did... but RIGHT, in less then an hour! My house looked no different then before she came but now it smelled like Pine Sol. When mike got home I had to take him on a tour of house pointing out all that went wrong. 20 mins. later he had un clogged the sinks, had to fix the disposal and was at a loss for words over the shower!

Too bad. she was really sweet and nice and talked about doing trades for future cleanings for my craft stuff. NO thanks! I can't afford the damage control or the time it takes to redo the work she did!

So now we are dealing with getting the shower fixed. She said she'll have her husband come fix it this weekend! Ummm....That makes us a little nervous! Not sure what sort of expertise this dude has. Unless his truck had a " Shower and glass pro" Logo on the side I think we'd be smarter to just get a third party to handle it and have them pay for it! We'll see how that flies!
Oie Vey!!!! What an experiance!

Pretty sure I won't be hiring anyone to clean my house in the near future!





16 comments:

Andrea said...

You poor girl. I would be so mad. I can't believe all of that. Does she clean for a living? Sad if that's the case. Hope you can get it fixed at her expense with no trouble!

Ranay said...

Oh wow! So sorry for all the troubles. Wow! I'm just speechless. I hope you have success with the door. And great finds at Tai Pan. I so wish there was one of those here.

Matt said...

You poor thing. We had problems with our housekeeper after 2 years. She just started being lax and not taking the just as seriously as she did in the beginning. My 17 yr. old vlunteered and he does a better job and loves the extra cash. Good luck with your house. Loved the finds you found!

Melissa E Photography said...

No way, no way. I can't believe that! What a crazy lady!!!! I can't believe she dared to ask you for money after that!!

carey said...

OK, it's time to find your inner "wicked witch of the west" and get justice!!!! Call her out on the bad job & make sure she pays you back for the damage!!!

Laura said...

UNBELIEVABLE! Honestly, how did she clog 2 sinks?? I could have done better when I was 13. (And back then would have been happy with $15 an hour..haha!) Anyways, Ive always heard that you should only hire cleaning ladies based on references from trusted friends only. Sorry you went through all this!!

Laura said...

Wow! What the heck was she doing in there? Scary!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
donna said...

wow, where did you find this lady? I would be so MAD:(


Love all your great finds. I need to going shopping with you;)

Shannan said...

Just as I was thinking "I need a raise I think I will hire a cleaning lady" maybe NOT!

Jamie C. said...

Becca that is horrible! At least you have Tai Pan close by with amazing christmas deals to keep your spirits up!

AnieCooper said...

Good grief! I've never heard of anyone doing such a horrible job! I'm so sorry that happened. I hope you didn't pay her too much! ;)

Hope your day got better...

michelle said...

Oh Wow! I am sure you had to be fuming mad! I am so sorry that all of this happened, and only in a few short hours! I will be anxious to see what happens to the shower door!

Benson Fam said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I thought about having someone come clean for a month or two after the new baby but I think I'll hire someone to watch the babes instead so I can clean uninterrupted. Joe wouldn't be the one unclogging sinks or fixing garbage disposals at our house- you are one lucky wife!

Christina said...

what a FREAK!! what the FA totally busted my gut..

what in the world?!?! i have realized that NOBODY cleans as FAST or as good as i do..im always SOOO bugged that not everything is done in the time limit..i can do it-why cant they?? frustrating!!! ive just learned that some people have strengths when it comes to cleaning..i have the strength but NO DESIRE!! hahah

i saw the shattered shower door and thought "oh her next post is going to be HILARIOUS!"-- it did not dissappoint!!

i have only found ONE cleaning crew that i WORSHIP--there are actually 3-5 girls that come and clean the WHOLE HOUSE in TWO HOURS..its fabulous but SO EXPENSIVE!! 220 a month (twice a month)...i should just go clean houses so i can have someone come clean mine--why do we LOVE cleaning someone else's house but not our own?? i have realized i enjoy cleaning my house with NO DISTRACTIONS/INTERRUPTIONS like kids!!!!!

i love your chore area--how clever is that!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I talked to Gloria yesterday and she said she has always wanted to go skiing in Utah so if you pay for her to fly there, she will clean your house for free! :)