Jan 21, 2008

A new day

Thanks for all the support friends! I have to admit I felt so much better after sharing my feeling even if was just to be honest with myself! I will say my attitude last week wasn't helped by the fact that I never left my house, never got dressed before 4 and was content to just read about the heart ache of a family during the 60's! Oh and a diet of cookies, boxed noodles and junk never helpes either!

I am happy to report that today I was up showered, did my hair and slapped on a bit of lipstick all in the hopes to get out and snap out of it! Well it worked! Sort of... I was quickly reminded how frustrating it is to have two girls in tow not wanting to get shoes on, teeth brushed and buckled into car seats!

We ended up at the mall... that was strange! The Fashion Place mall I guess I can compare to South Coast Plaza, sort of! I think because it's the nicest collection of stores in Salt lake so it draws in that South Coast crowd... you know the type! They look like they are trying to get dressed up to step foot in Nordstrom's and they proudly display there shopping bags as a sort of status symbol! I always loved that! It was always a riot seeing all the OC woman at the mall. I certainly never felt like I fit in that crowd and I was SO content with that! But there was defiantly that feeling in the air that they were trying to pull it all off! I laughed to myself as I saw middled aged woman in horribly ugly furry boots and huge coats with gobs of make up and expensive bags!

I did enjoy being there and being out! I ended up finding two great sweaters from Banana Republic!!! On Sale??? Of course!!!!! I have no shame heading straight to the Clearance rack! They are both adorable and I have this sinking feeling it will remain sweater weather here for months! I have to hand it to UT... All the winter stuff goes on sale just like everywhere else but here you get to enjoy the use much longer!

So all in all I feel like I'm on the up swing of my pitty party! I am still more incline to stay home and read but I'll blame that on my good books!

I want to wish one of my best friends a Happy Birthday!!!! Sorry I missed you today Shireen!We'll catch up soon! Love ya!

8 comments:

Christina said...

oh 1st to comment!

im glad your more yourself today..i heard on oprah that girls get depressed when they dont see the sun-i SO get that way! she said to get a natural light bulb and sit under it for 10 minutes a day..

so funny and SO TRUE about the mall thing..when i walk into a store and see those "women" that are trying to dress like they are 20..i hope i dont end up like them!!

Sarah said...

glad you are feeling better! sometimes it feels like so much work to get up get dressed and ready and then do the saem for 2 kids. then drag them all over the place! good for you though!

Andrea said...

Glad you're feeling better. I know what you mean about those women, too funny.

michelle said...

I am glad that you had a good day! I sooo can relate! I do really believe that the sunshine had something to do with the blah that I had mentioned to you. I will give you a call. Hugs, Michelle

donna said...

So glad you are feeling better :)!!!

Hey, you said that your saw some "middled aged woman in horribly ugly furry boots and huge coats with gobs of make up and expensive bags" and you did say HI to me. How rude :) heeheeheehee

Love ya becca :)

Jamie C. said...

Glad you're feeling better Becca. There's nothing like furry boots to cheer a person up...toss on the ridiculous mini skirt with furry boots and your day can't get any better! I don't get it! :)

AnieCooper said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better! I hated you being so sad and missing everyone. Miss you sweetie! Love ya!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

oh good! glad youre feeling better!