Jan 27, 2008

Pres. Hinckley


I quickly wanted to capture my thought. As I heard the news this evening about the passing of our beloved Prophet I was instantly saddened. But almost as quickly as that sadness was felt it was even more quickly replaced with an unbelievable calmness that over took me! I listened to the news but could not get the picture out of my mind of that dear old man in the arms of our Heavenly Father. His journey here was faithfully completed and he was welcomed home.

I truly believe this to to be a blessed day. Our Prophet reunited with his beloved wife and companion. I have been blessed to have been taught and lead by such an incredible Christ like individual. I will forever consider Pres. Hinckley my Prophet.

A year ago L. Tom Perry spoke to our Stake and said something that I had never heard before and I have never forgotten. He was sure in his words when he promised that the Lord would never take one of His Prophets home until the next Prophet that would succeed him was made ready. I take such comfort in knowing that our next Prophet has been prepared to lead and guide this church with the same love and dedication and faithfulness.

This has only strengthen my testimony in knowing that this Church is true. How beautiful the plan is and how clear it seems to me at this moment. I know my purpose here on earth. I know what my reward will be. Like Pres. Hinckley if I strive to do my very best, following the commandments and teaching of a loving Heavenly father, I too can be welcomed home into His presents and live for eternity with my family one day.

We truly are blessed aren't we!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

what a beautiful post rebecca! I truly believe what elder perry said is true! isn't it amazing how the Lord works.

Laura said...

Nice post Rebecca. Sad to lose him, but happy to know where he's going, happy to know he will be reuinited with his family. :)

michelle said...

Rebecca, this is such a sweet post. I too will miss te priceless man.

Jess Perry said...

I really am so much more blessed because he has been apart of my life.

Thanks for this post Becca!!

Andrea said...

I completely agree. It will be so hard to get used to calling someone else "Prophet"...He for sure faithfully completed his mission here on earth.

donna said...

What a sweet post about such a sweet man. We will all miss our Prophet

Emily said...

I am SO excited to see what Pres. Monson has in store for us, and I can see myself loving him just as much as I have loved Pres. Hinckley! I agree with you 100% that this is a day a gladness. What a difference - I remember when the Pope died and everyone was crying and mourning. We are SO blessed to know with such surety of the afterlife!! What a beautiful and happy celebration they are having up there right now! In a way, I wish I could be there to see it! :)

Hannah said...

Sweet post! I am going to miss him.

regibells said...

He really did touch so many lives, What a wonderful prophet he was!

carey said...

Wasn't he a great man? We'll miss him so much. Great post, Rebecca.

Christina said...

that was sweet...pres monson will be a special prophet!

Laura said...

Just wanted to say that I loved your post!