Aug 13, 2007

Lovin life!

What a great weekend! We were living the all American Dream! We washed our cars in our own driveway and meet the ice cream man on the street for a cool treat! We ended up heading over the the Sandy Hot air Balloon festival and I had an inner " I am loving life" moment! To see my kids having the best time dancing to Peter Brineholt and just loving our new area just really touched me!! I was just overwhelmed with happiness!!! I could not be happier!!!

Friday I got all domestic and made my first real dinner in my amazing kitchen! It was seriously the best thing! I so want to become a better cook just o spend more time in my kitchen!!!! The girls and I made yummy muffins to take to all the sweet neighbors that made us dinners. I so added stuff to the box mixes so I could "call" them home made!!! Don't laugh!!! I added apple sauce tot eh apple strusel muffins and fresh bananas to the banana nut ones! I could so taste the difference! I put them in the cutest backets and off we went to deliver them!!! yep.. look out Diana Wakefield!!! I am hot on your trail in becoming the next Martha Stewart!

Speaking of Diana Wakefield!!! Who on earth would be the last person I would have expected to show up on my door step! That's right! Diana herself!Ok let me just rewind a little. I kid you not!!!!We have had more visitors in the past week just pop in then I have ever had in my entire life! All people I love!!!


It started off with Braden and Teran, some friends who moved up here about 8 months ago!!Thay have been amazing and so helpful!

Next was Jason and Erin who we knew as newly married in Provo... she was my Bunco invite and totally plugged me in to the girl sceen!!!

then came Jill Wirthlin!!! Crazy!!! She was in town visitng family and just came by! It was soooooo great to see her and her sweet little girl!

And last but not least the one and only Diana Wakefield and family! I was her visiting teacher in CA and just fell in love with her! It was one of those calling that I benefited from way more then she ever did! Let's talk about someone we can only aspire to be like... she is a wonder woman. she bakes everyday! No joke! she has 4 amazing kids who are so reverent and obedient... We baby sat for them one weekend and I have a pretty awesome gage on good kids and she had 'em! her youngest being twins no less and she looks rockin' all the time! I just love that girl!

All these visits have really made us over the moon happy! nothing like a familiar face to make your day and who else is better to share our excitement in all this then good friends!

ok... back to life!!! guess who got to paint!!!ME!!! Mike has been great! He helped me paint my craft room! I really can't wait to get it done! I have a few more paint techniques I need to do that take time but I am pretty sure I'll love itand will think it was worth all the hard work!

so church today....we had the getting to know you interview with the bishopric... that went well I think! I probably scared them a little! When they asked me what calling I had "grown" from the most it went silent for a minute and I told them it would be easier to tell them the calling I hated the most instead! Honestly I couldn't think of anything! Anyway I had them laughing a lot and I'm sure they got a sense of my personality and my playful nature!

Mike made his mark in EQ... He introduced himself and told a little about himself and them closed by saying his favorite song was "Before he Cheats by Carrie Underwood, and just sat down. He got a few laughs which was his point but I about died when he told me... no one really knows us or our sense of humors yet!!!

In RS it was hard to miss the crazy old lady in our ward!!! I so fell in love with her the moment she made her first comment...let's just say the topics of melvins, bra's and her husband only liking to take her bra off were her high lights! and mind you the lesson was on reverence! I seriously love this sister already! We all need a little more comic relief in there sometimes now don't we!

We had dinner at our neighbors house along with another family from around the corner! This neighborhood rocks! Lesa and her family have gone above and beyond and I joke that they are the chairs of the "friends to the friendless" committee!!! Jenny gave us amazing zucchini bread and the hugest zucchini I have ever seen!Welcome to UTAH right!they even joked about it!We toured each others homes and talk about impressive!!!The yards in this area are to die for! Everyone had the coolest homes and they are so incredible!!! lovin lovin lovin it here!

I just found my camera so I promise to post pics soon... dude I just typed a novel...apologizes!

14 comments:

donna said...

Wow first of all. Yahoo!!! I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend. How cool is that some friends came ove to see you. Do they all live close to you?

i so know what you mean about make a dinner in a nice new kitchen. I have been cooking so much more in my new kitchen. I makes me so happy and i know the food taste better.


Post pictures of you craft room.

Oh and that is so funny how Mike introduced himself. :)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I cant wait to see your craft room! Post pics soon!
Rob is going to die when he hears what mike said about carrie underwood!
oh, peter brienholt is my old roommates cousin- we had his cd on all the time, and i dont thin ki have heard his name since i left utah! good music, huh!

Christina said...

mike is too funny!!

thats a lot of fun happenings going on up there! i want to move to utah now!!!

ohhh la la--your cooking!!!??? im chuckling at you adding "real" food to the boxed stuff!! you crack me up!

it sounds like you are loving the homeownership life-i feel that way every time i drive into my drive way..like DANG this is MINE!??! its SOOo good for the kids too-to have a sense of their home...

POST PHOTO"S PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeremyandleslie said...

You are a very blessed girl! I can't believe we were at the same balloon festival! We were walking around where you were sitting before the concert but we were seated right next to the snow cone machine place. It was a fun concert, huh? We love Peter B - can't wait for his concert at Sundance - most gorgeous venue in all of Utah!
Glad you are loving life so much!

Andrea said...

So glad you had such a great weekend! Mike's intro in EQ was cracking me up, that would so be us...People would be like, "Where did these crazies come from?" I can't wait to see pics!

AnieCooper said...

Hey Becca! I am so glad to hear you are loving your new home and community. That is amazing how much is going on. Sheesh! I was exhausted after reading your post...:)

Well, we are having dinner on Thursday...it just won't be the same without you. I did message Jenny on myspace and invited her to join us. It would be nice to see her and Emmy ;)

So hurry up and get those pics posted...I am dying to see what you have done with the place!

Miss you tons girly!

michelle said...

I am so happy to read that life is going well! It sounds like you hae been one busy gal! It sounds like you hae some amazing people around you. How fun is that!!!! You will fit right in! :) Tooo cute how Mr. Mike gae his intro! I got your message, and will call you later today. Hugs to you my friend.

Laura said...

Wow, your post is making me so jealous. Im so glad youre soo happy!! Your neighborhood sounds amazing! Cant wait to see pics!

Lupe said...

Life sure does sound good! It makes me happy to hear this type of enthusiasm and humor when you're the 'new' folks in the ward! Utah is lucky to have you!
ps2

Anonymous said...

wow, so exciting that you are loving your new area so much. And so many faces that you know, what is better then that. I am excited for you.

Hannah said...

Sounds like you are doing GREAT!! I am so happy you like it here...


Your ward sounds way too entertaining...

carey said...

Ah, gotta love weekends like this! :) Post pics soon! Next time we are up north, we should do lunch!

Jamie C. said...

I'm glad things are going so great. I'm sure everyone will love you and your family...silly personalities and all! :)

Sarah said...

you sound like you are having too much fun living there! that is so great! i laughed when you talked about making the muffins home made! lol. that's so cute.