Aug 21, 2007

For real?

ok... I recently had an out of body experience along with all who were in attendance at teh Salt lake county Fair this last weekend! I'll try to adiquitly express my thoughts but it still feels like a blur!

this picture might help sum it up....



um... have you ever seen a Mortuary booth at a fair before!? nor have I but low and behold there it was in all it's opened casket glory! I couldn't resist taking a picture and it took all my will power not to just climb into it and pose for a restful moment. i mean really when else could I have done that! Man !!! now I really regret not doing it!


Ahhh.. and yes who could forget the entertainment! This here band was kind enough to put on a grand show for us all. It looked like the typical band. a drummer, a guitar player and a keyboard guy! Oh wait... and her!!!! This sweet girl's sole purpose of being on stage was to thrash her body around and cause you to wonder what drugs may have been coursing through her veins! she was quite entertaining. it was like watching a car crash and you couldn't tear your eyes off her. You did on the other hand try to shield the young children from watching!



After making it out of the tent we finally made it to the animals which by the way is usually the highlight for the kids but I have to be honest! The smell was so overwhelming all I could do was quickly walk down a row of sheep and fly covered pigs bearly keeping my Cafe Rio down!





Other highlights include witnessing a "larger" woman take control of the mechanical bull as the sunset in the background set a beautiful scene. Demolition derby from the outer fence and my daughter begging to go on a rickidy carnival ride! WE calle dit a night early!

The best thing about the night was seeing the Konold Family!!!! long lost friends from BYU!!!!

5 comments:

Christina said...

wierd-thats some interesting entertainment for utah!??!

your description of the "animals" was cracking me up-im so there- remember im not a pet fan!!

coffin? for reals?!?! rock on! i love the tiny pink rose in the coffin-what the freak?!?! creepy!

Lindsay K. said...

Thanks for having us up. Your house is so cute. I won't be forgeting that fair for a long time. I haven't decided which part was my favorite. Well, maybe the band. Lets get together again and let the girls play.

Andrea said...

K, mortuary booth at the fair is just plain creepy. Are you sure that wasn't Lindsay Lohan? I heard that she has been staying up in your area...LOL.

Laura said...

Haha.. you can get coffins from COSTCO too. How random!!
Lovin all the pics!!!

Amber H. said...

So this one made me laugh! First off the coffin...totally weird, but then that girl dressed up like psycho wonder woman just had me laughing. Then the nasty smell of barnyard animals...yuck! Sounds like a crazy day...glad you survived it all!