Apr 20, 2007

Yesterady...

SUCKED! But that's ok... i haven't had a bad day in forever! I'm already over it!

I have been working on a baby quilt for a shower this weekend. I spend almost 5 hours on it and when i ran it through the wash it came out ruined! I about cried! There is no way to salvage it. Now I am gift less and have to run out to spend even more money on a gift. ugg!!! I did see a hidden miracle in the whole event. I finished the blanket and held onto it for a while before i washed it. Before I washed it I went to start my sisters blanket using the same method but the darn machine would not cooperate. The thread kept breaking and I couldn't even sew a single line! Thank goodness I didn't get that one done two only to have two disasters on my hands!!! Oh well!

My day did end on a positive note! My girlfriend called with great news! She is getting me 2 VIP tickets to see the taping of American Idol next Monday for my birthday!!!! It comes with back stage passes and we get to go meet and take pictures with the contestants!!!! Cool huh! So Mike and I will be partying it up AI style!!!!

I am going out to dinner with Mike tonight to celebrate my B-day! we are going to try a new Japanese restaurant were you cook the meal yourself at your own table!

Have a great weekend friends!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

i'm so sorry that the blanket got ruined.!!!!that is so sad. i always worry about that when i wash something for the first time. i guess it's better that you found out before you gave it to her and it got ruined when she washed it. lol. have fun at AI. i'll be watching for you.

donna said...

So sorry about your quilt. I think i would have cried too

WOW going to AI with back stage passes. FUN FUN!!!!

I hope you have a better day :)

Morph This said...

Ummm. hello! I can't believe that you aren't taking your sister who won you 250 for your birthday to AI. Mike doesn't even like American Idol.. so lame.
Ask Courtney to get us two more.

michelle said...

How fun for you!!! I will have to tell Sarah that you are going to see Amercian Idol! She will be jelous. I am so sorry about the blanket. That would for sure put me in a bad mood too. I hope today is going better.

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry about your quilt! I probably would've cried too! All that work, just to have it ruined! I hope today is better! How fun to go to AI! Hopefully you'll be able to get some good pics! Tell my Blake that I heart him! LOL...Have a good weekend!

Nettie! said...

I can understand how frustrating it can be to have something go wrong and I'm sorry. That's so exciting you're going on AI! That's my favorite show! I'll look for you and Mike or Jenny? LOL! Hey I started my blog finally if you're interested in checking it out it's www.hansenshallmarks.blogspot.com