Apr 17, 2007

Tuesday!

This morning is really testing my patience! I got a great start and had my kitchen, my bedroom and my house generally picked up! I sat down and got the marble's about half way ready! I then got ready to sew my sisters shower gift and thinking I'm doing pretty great on time management and all my to do list stuff. that's were my success stops!!!

I have yet to sew one straight line without the thread breaking. i have to stop, take out the seam with a seam riper, re string the machine and start over. This has happened 7 times now all on the same line! I'm proud how calm I am staying but i had to just walk away from it! it's not my machine so I have no clue how to asses the situation.

So I stopped sewing, if you can call it that, and went back to my marble magnets. None of the magnets I have for these marbles are strong enough! So frustrating! Now I have to go out and try to find something to work. The shower is tomorrow! fun huh! leave it to me to have all this stuff to do the day before the shower!

so PLEASE share some good news with me! in spite of all that's going wrong today I am still happy! I've learned that we should try really hard to not let the things we can't control really get us down. It doesn't really help the situation now does it!

And it's so hard to feel bad about my situation after hearing all about the horrible events at Virgina Tech. I am seriously numb thinking about it! my heart aches for the victims and their families. I can't seem to wrap my head around the thought of someone being capable of doing such an act. I just don't know what to say...

5 comments:

donna said...

So sorry you are having one of those days my friend.

You asked for some "good news". Here is some good news. I don’t have to cook tonight.



I have been thinking a lot about the horrible events at Virginia Tech as well. So sad!

Andrea said...

I'm sorry you are having trouble with your project! I'm so saddened over the Virgina Tech thing...Those poor families...Including the family of the shooter...Such a sad situation...

Melissa E Photography said...

SHEESH! Sorry about your stressful day. How frusterating. Kudos to you for keeping your cool.

hmmm.. good news... Parker woke up at 6:45 this morning but played in his room for 45 minutes without making a peep. WOOHOO!

I hope that sewing machine stops acting up.

Sarah said...

i'm so sorry that you day was going so bad.
I couldn't believe the news when i saw the whole thing unfolding about Virginia Tech. it's soooo sad.

Hopefully you will be able to finish everything in time for the shower. youre awesome!!! you can do it.

michelle said...

How frusturating. I haven't sewed a stitch in such a long time. I ger flustered just thinking about it. I would love to see pictures when your done. I hope today is a happy one!!! Is today your birthday??????????? :)