Apr 12, 2007

Thursday

Not much to report! I have plenty to do but little motivation. I have to sew four baby blankets for two showers in a week! Do you think I have started? NO!!! Yesterday I went out to get the fabric for my sisters baby blanket to Jo Anns and I was so disappointed. They have like NO cute fabric. So I totally wasted a trip out with my girls at a lame store! Hate that! So today I have to head over to this great store for fabric but a horrible store for kids! GREAT!!!!! Really lookin' forward to that!

Last night the Relief Society Presidency came by with a birthday treat for me. When I opened the door I was lookin' at them like they were nuts. I totally forgot i was having a birthday next week! CRAZY!!! I honestly had no idea why they were there handing me a muffin and a birthday card! ha ha!! I love getting older so I welcome Birthdays every year!!! It was just the strangest feeling!

so far I have no plans for my birthday and have this sad observation regarding birthdays in general... I've realized that WE have made the mistake of assuming that it is everyone else's responsibility to make our birthdays wonderful! We expect OTHERS to make our day special and if THEY don't we get upset and end up having a rotten day. I remember one year while at Rick's I waited all day for Mike to call and wish me a happy Birthday. Well he didn't! He forgot and my day was ruined! SAD huh! But honestly it wasn't his fault! It's MY Birthday!!!! It's sad that we put so much control on others shoulders. That's a heavey burden to bear for some. So I have a new attitude! I get to make my Birthday as great as I want to!!!!I am not going to expect anything from anyone and I will be responsible for my own happy day! I can do whatever I want! I think I'll plan a wonderful day for myself! Maybe get a facial and treat myself to lunch! Ahhh! I am looking forward to it already!

So for all you out there who have horrible birthdays because everyone lets you down... we need to change our attitudes and be the captains of our own ships! We can really put this perspective to use everyday! WE are responsible for the happiness we invite and create!!!! Not the people around us!!!!

By the way...Who watched OPRAH yesterday? I did and I am happy to report that I scored a 33 out of 35 on the happiness scale. I'm pretty darn happy!!!!! see what you get...


http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200704/tows_past_20070411_b.jhtml

9 comments:

Morph This said...

First of all.. you are going to be spending your birthday with your sister... isn't that enough? Just kidding.. I still can't believe you scheduled my shower the same day as your birthday.

Andrea said...

Hey, that's funny that you had forgotten you were having a birthday. I watched Oprah yesterday too and I got 35 out of 35! I am really honestly a super happy person...I really have nothing to be unhappy about. Get working on those quilts woman!

michelle said...

I heard about yesterdays show, and missed it. I just took the litle test, and scored 1...kidding! I scored 33.

Becca said...

ha ha ha Michelle!!!!

Sarah said...

ok I so do the same thing with my birthday. like if my parents haven't called me yet and it's like 4:00 pm i get all upset like they forgot but they never do. They just call me at night. you are so funny. I'm sure they were looking at you like you were crazy!!! I can only imagine. and what nice RS sisters to remember and be there before your birthday.

Melissa E Photography said...

I totally agree with you about that attitude thing. That's why I always love V-day and Anniversarys because I just don't expect much. That way any nice thing is a pleasant surprise!

donna said...

I scored a 34 !!!!!!
K, I know what you are saying, but I would be VERY mad if I didn't get a b-day call or card in the mail.

You will get one from me girl.

Anonymous said...

wow you scored a 33. I did watch Oprah. And I agree with you about us making our birthday a happy one. I believe it is up to ourselves to make ourself Happy. I didn't score that high on the test, but that is because Ku and I are at a crossroads in our life. But I don't take much stock in those tests, because I believe Happiness is in ourselves. So even though I scored low, last year i would have scored a whole lot highter, but I feel pretty much as happy as I did last year. Just in a different place. Thanks for the reminder about your birthday, next mth is mine. I will keep this in mind.

Nettie! said...

I loved the show yesterday, I received a 33 also! Did you see today's show? My two oldest were learning hip hop along with the audience. I got some cute pictures. :)